Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered my new ATAS dct in December 17, was told they’d be in the Honda depot on the 8/3 and delivery on 10/3. After spending 2 weeks trying to insure it (that’s another story) I was then told they hadn’t come but we’re in the country. Dealer has deliveries on a Thursday., still hasn’t come and was told probably end of March (Easter bank holiday), so I’m guessing I won’t get it then (had plans to go away that Sunday/Monday on it :0(. )

on Wednesday I get an email from Honda uk inviting me to go to my Honda dealer for the Honda adventure week and book a test ride from Monday 19/3 - 25/3 (their first contact since registering in December. So you can Guess where all the customer dct ATAS bikes have gone to !!! [Heard today on the rumour mill, next batch of dct’s won’t be here until May].

I’m not very happy at the mo with Honda as no one has bothered to keep me informed during the whole process (which started in early December) etc, etc. I even got a £15 phone bill for calling Honda customer service a couple of weeks ago !!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I know how you feel Hovis, I’m in exactly same boat! Supposed to of collected bike on Saturday 10th, now looking like it’s end of March or April! Pretty annoyed as no one has kept me informed, and the hassle I went through to get insurance and had to take it out for the 10th.

I feel like cancelling my order, especially as Honda UK have decided to go and have Adventure week, next week at short notice, and can’t even be bothered to look after their customers who have already ordered the bloody bike!

Rant over, sorry chaps.

Oh yeah, Honda UK customer service phone line, yep, premium rate line, got a just short of £20 phone bill, from when I was trying to deal with insurance issue too. So just a warning to anybody else who might need to contact Honda UK, don’t phone them, get your dealer to contact them on your behalf.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Got my invite through the post today (Sat). My dealers AS demo is a DCT model.
Well you can let me know what it’s like then Davy, as I haven’t had an invite and can’t get a test ride either, dealer hasn’t got a bike for test rides.

Look forward to your in depth review. ;-)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ill do it now.......>:)

The new ATAS is much the same as the 16/17 model except it’s taller, a tad heavier, got more riding modes, has slightly better wind protection, redesigned instrument panel and you can go further on a tank of fuel.

The end. :grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts