Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,109 Posts
Shes is a **** fine looking bike though, and rides like stink. I'm still happy with the purchase.
View attachment 56035
Breathtaking @InedibleRider. This is just a wondrous snap, possibly the best I have seen ... and there are many very excellent Forum member images shared.

This is desktop / screen-saver worthy. I'll call it mine even though I do not have a 2020 model.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Breathtaking @InedibleRider. This is just a wondrous snap, possibly the best I have seen ... and there are many very excellent Forum member images shared.

This is desktop / screen-saver worthy. I'll call it mine even though I do not have a 2020 model. View attachment 56038
Thanks brother, she's all yours. Just the picture, not the bike ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Solved. I want to share. In my case, all icons, ability of setting suspension and control grips heating came back after entering into service mode and switching on unmarked checkboxes of correspondent system. It was done by my dealer, but user can do it by himself in case of “emergency”
This time the problem has solved but we still don’t know why these options become unchecked.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Solved. I want to share. In my case, all icons, ability of setting suspension and control grips heating came back after entering into service mode and switching on unmarked checkboxes of correspondent system. It was done by my dealer, but user can do it by himself in case of “emergency”
This time the problem has solved but we still don’t know why these options become unchecked.
Did they say how to enter this service mode? Only option on mine is Cornering lights Service. There is an equipment tab but it's greyed out.

·
Registered
2022 Africa Twin Manual. R380B.
390 Posts
Did they say how to enter this service mode? Only option on mine is Cornering lights Service. There is an equipment tab but it's greyed out.
You need to jumper the DLC with the Service connector, or a clip, jumping two wires and then you can enter "Service Mode" to add/remove accessories, or do do some settings.

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
845 Posts
Does anyone manufacture after-market tanks for these bikes? Like LR polymer tanks? I consider my 5 gal capacity a bit anemic for a top-of-the-line adventure machine. So I carry an extra 20 miles of auxiliary fuel and would like to carry more.

·
Registered
CRF1100 DCT 2021
337 Posts
These reports about the ES and the rims on the ATAS are kind of disappointing. Nothing is perfect I guess, specially at this level of sophistication. The good thing is that the bike keeps working and it will get solved eventually, soon enough I hope for you guys. I guess is the price to pay for being at the front line.

·
Registered
159 Posts
2020 ATAS ES DCT #00000005. I can't get more technology than that.

Have had no issues except the rare finicky Android Auto. Had the tank and brakes recall done. A couple weeks ago I did a 2500 km 3.5 day trip. Love this bike.

I am going to add a jumper wire into my toolkit. I knew about how to do this when I was investigating aux lighting for my Canadian bike. Didn't think to carry such a simple thing with my tire repair, air compressor, zip ties, etc until now.

Glad you got it fixed. I'm not surprised that a certified Honda anything could figure this out for you. I haven't had good luck with my dealer's service department so I have the 2020 Service Manual. It has how to enter diagnostics mode with the connector but isn't easy to find. The ES section deals with checking all the data line voltages and has a chart with diagnostic info if the various dash indicators are shown or blinking. Nothing about if they are not there.

I am a software engineer and some of this stuff was poorly designed for sure.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This problem still exists on the 2022 AT AS and Honda still has no solution for it.
frozen dashboard, buttons not working, suspension very soft...

Iff I always have to remove the sadlle and put something in the diagnostic switch then the bike will be sold, I'm getting very tired of this Honda crap and theyre not having a solution. this is my second 1100 and both are suffering from exactly the same problems... shame on you Honda
I can live with minor problems and new bikes but after almost 3 years still the same **** that's not so funny anymore...

·
Super Moderator
9,109 Posts
There is no excuse for frozen user interfaces in 2022 on a premium product. Honda should have found the root cause. Probably a glitch in electronic routing or on the PCB.

It is harder to step away from these possibilities as motorcycles become more entertainment centers and less bike.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts