Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

Registered
Exactly, bikes are loaded with useless crap. Things I don't need, do not want but it seems there is no escape... they keep on adding more and more sensitive not really well tested stuff. 馃ぎ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
In defense of Honda, this issue happened once and had zero effect on the ridability of the bike. The suspension was not adjustable, but remained at the preload and dampening I had it set at prior the the fault. The issue has never reoccured and the bike is at 36,000km now.

Since the issue originally happened, I've beaten the piss out of the bike and taken it through plenty of rain, mud and abusive wilderness roads, +40掳c wildfire smoke choked days, -5掳c cold starts in frozen campsites, rode it to the **** Arctic and back and pressure washed it a half dozen times in an effort to get the Yukon mud off. Aside from the one issue which was really more annoying than anything, and was fixed with a paper clip, the bike has been flawless.

Registered
Well then you are lucky because I have had it for about 25 times and it always adjusted the suspension to probably the most soft...
I once had it for a whole day, fully loaded on holuday that was'nt funny. Restarted several times, disconnected battery....
After finding a campplace and riding for 7, 8 hours all of the sudden it worked again.
I think Honda is big enough to stand up for themselves, even iff the bike still rides everything should function properly. I payd for that stuff...

41 - 45 of 45 Posts