Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to fit a fender extender, but the brake pipes and ABS wire are bolted to the rear of the mudguard, and the brake pipes pass through the mudguard stays on each side.

Usually taking off the front mudguard on a bike is dead easy, but things seem to be more complicated on the ATAS.I don't wasn't to go "bull at a gate" so any advice as to how to remove the guard without doing any damage would be appreciated.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I removed my front mudguard to do the same on my ATAS.
I remember it wasn't easy. Well at least it was easy to remove the fasteners but I remember I had to use a bit of force to separate the plastics as the clips had a tight grip. Its covered in the workshop manual for the base AT.

·
Registered
400 Posts
OK just been in the garage to remind myself. The bit that's not obvious just looking at it is the black plastic cover at each side pulls away from the black bit beneath it. So the bit that has the reflector attached un clips from the bit beneath it and that allows the cables / brake hose to be released from the mudguard.

You need to be brave pulling it apart as you feel it may snap off the lugs. The manual just says remove bolts and remove cover, ha ha. So with all the fasteners removed and the two side covers pulled off you should get it off. PM me if you want to talk it over

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK just been in the garage to remind myself. The bit that's not obvious just looking at it is the black plastic cover at each side pulls away from the black bit beneath it. So the bit that has the reflector attached un clips from the bit beneath it and that allows the cables / brake hose to be released from the mudguard.

You need to be brave pulling it apart as you feel it may snap off the lugs. The manual just says remove bolts and remove cover, ha ha. So with all the fasteners removed and the two side covers pulled off you should get it off. PM me if you want to talk it over
Many thanks, I will give it a go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts