Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I’m just starting on fitting the Denali D2 lights, and I want to run the cables under the fuel tank. Anyway after removing all the fairing and unbolting the tank, I’ve stumble upon a problem with the quick release fuel line. I’ve pulled back the white tab and thought I’d then be able to remove the hose, but I doesn’t seem to want to come off!

Phot attached.

Any help would be most welcome.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
After you take the white clip all the way off, then you might need to spread the black plastic claws apart, too. (On the opposite side that the white clip comes off of.) It should just pop right off, without much force at all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you depessurised the fuel line? You need to run the bike till it stalls after disconnecting the 2 electrical connectors under the tank. Engine should only run for 5 or 6 secs before stalling. Use a small screwdriver to remove the white retainer clip, you might need to also pry the small plastic lips on the connector is self. Just go gently, do not use force at any stage.It should slip right off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts