Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted the Honda Visor accessory to my ATAS
link http://ruggedroads.co.uk/epages/00c...c-407e-8207-580e14387ec5/Products/08R71MKKD00
I had been having slightly unpleasant helmet buffeting when riding my ATAS over certain speeds though it did seem variable dependant on the wind direction/speed. I initially tried running a very low screen (cheap/ebay located) which replaced the buffeting with lots of noise so wasn't any better for longer ride use. I then restored my saddle to the stock high position which helped a tad but didn't fully solve . So next cheapest option (in my man math brain) was adding the visor kit . And it seems to have sorted the last of the unpleasant airflow for my bonce at least.
Given the variability in head location across riders I suspect this isn't a guaranteed fix for all but its a nice sweet spot for me. Its now better (less noticeable) than my previous high screen bikes and I didn't need the fuglyness of some of the 3rd party screens available being stuck on the bike .

I would have posted a pic but it appears I didn't take any of the install (its only 4 bolts to undo and replace on the ATAS so not rocket science) .

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT
492 Posts
Fitted the Honda Visor accessory to my ATAS
link OEM Honda Visor Kit - CRF1000 Adventure Sport (2018>)
I had been having slightly unpleasant helmet buffeting when riding my ATAS over certain speeds though it did seem variable dependant on the wind direction/speed. I initially tried running a very low screen (cheap/ebay located) which replaced the buffeting with lots of noise so wasn't any better for longer ride use. I then restored my saddle to the stock high position which helped a tad but didn't fully solve . So next cheapest option (in my man math brain) was adding the visor kit . And it seems to have sorted the last of the unpleasant airflow for my bonce at least.
Given the variability in head location across riders I suspect this isn't a guaranteed fix for all but its a nice sweet spot for me. Its now better (less noticeable) than my previous high screen bikes and I didn't need the fuglyness of some of the 3rd party screens available being stuck on the bike .

I would have posted a pic but it appears I didn't take any of the install (its only 4 bolts to undo and replace on the ATAS so not rocket science) .
My bike had those fitted already when i bought it.

As i cant measure the difference unless i take them off, would you say there was a notable improvement?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I put inexpensive throttle lock on mine and going down barren hyw I would move my hand to places getting the most wind. That location was the worst. Bought the deflectors and mucho bueno

·
Registered
Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT
492 Posts
For non ATAS peeps they come with bolts and industrial double sided tape. Tape is for AT since the don't have the holes the ATAS does.
I did look at the instructions and noticed it was yet another accessory that needs half the bike to be disassembled , and amazingly needed holes drilling too.

So thanked my lucky stars that my bike came with them already fitted!

But then just checked your note and realised it’s only the AT bikes that need all that extra work and not the ATAS.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Honestly it's just the 2 halves of upper fairing. Seem daunting. Took apart to do twin air filters check tank/fuel pump and install booster plug at the same time. Had it apart again to do fog lights wired to bat. It's nuts and bolts. Better to get the feel for it on the stand in garage than on a logging roads somewhere. It's straight forward disassemble/reassemble. Just don't ask about that cup with the extra bolts.... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts