Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed the Ohlins FKA 111 cartridges with 7.5 N/mm springs in my ATAS fork along with SKF seals, K-Tech bushings and Ohlins 01309-01 R&T fork oil.

Install was very straightforward, set the oil level to the specified 90mm (w/o spring and preload tube), bled and buttoned everything up.

The oil and bushings all looked good which is expected considering the low mileage. The right fork oil was a little dirtier, probably from the rust debris on the spring collar tube.

Compression damping in left cartridge, rebound in the right.

Still haven't ridden yet, finishing up some other work but can't wait to try out.

·
Super Moderator
1,547 Posts
Gotta be a VAST improvement over OEM....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotta be a VAST improvement over OEM....
Very vast... (y)

The OEM stuff can be revalved to work decently but I have a bunch of experience with Ohlins over the years so my preference for suspension.

I know what to do when that day comes.
View attachment 55126
The Ohlins cartridge kit is a very easy install, goes together and comes apart easier than stock. If you can do fork seals you can install the cartridge kit for not really much more effort. The usual assortment of suspension tools and 50mm 8 point fork cap tool for the Ohlins fork cap is about it. (y)

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is my next major upgrade. Thanks for the info Nomad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's great, I think you'll be happy.

With the 7.5N/mm springs in the front, I'm at 5mm (5 turns) preload and sag is at 30% of travel so looking good with the spring rate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts