Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new atas delivered in late December and have noticed if you look at the tank while sitting on the bike that the paint showing from the black plastic is not symmetrical, checked with a friend and his is the same, so how many are like this? Would you buy a £13k car and accept the decal on wings in a different place!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry don’t know how to attach, I’m on an I phone at moment, do you have to do it on a desktop? I think there will be a lot of people with this problem, that when you see it you cannot then unsee the problem while sitting on the bike, as the only other persons I know is the same!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm going to look at mine right now.

...ok, mine isn't perfectly symmetrical, it is ever so slightly off, I would have never noticed. I assume you are talking about the "points" of the black plastic, where the tank meets the fairing? Yeah, these are mass produced machines, this is about as good as I would expect out of a BMW, certainly fine for a Honda.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When looking at the left side of tank where the white meets the black plastic there’s quite a difference between the right side, I have spoken to the dealer and sent photos and he says the 3 in the showroom are the same, obviously you would not see the difference if the tank was one colour! Personally I see this as ridiculous situation that you’re tank is not symmetrical to the fairing plastics?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Is this what you're talking about? (See attached pic).

On my tank, the right side has a bit of a gap between tank and fairing at that one spot there. I can push it in, but it just pops back out; but it's just a couple mm and it really doesn't bother me that much.

It could probably be secured with glue or something. When I push it closed, it acts like it might stay, but gently pops back out to gap again.

But I don't find it too bothersome.

Best, Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Or is it this...

I think I've noticed this before, but again, it doesn't bother me much for some reason. I suppose I allow for some leeway with the fit of the fairing to the tank.

I honestly don't even notice it. Just found this searching through more pictures.

All the best, Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
That left side panel needs refitting, look at the gap here. Also the plastic trim is deformed which is probably why it doesn't clip in properly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’m talking off the amount of white paint that sits in the concave portion of the black plastic, the plastics are sitting ok and the bike was delivered direct from dealer, I have a 18 year Fireblade that panels and decals fit better than this atas!

·
Registered
284 Posts
That left side panel needs refitting, look at the gap here. Also the plastic trim is deformed which is probably why it doesn't clip in properly.
Nah, man. The fit up there is perfectly acceptable. The black part is a raised edge over the white. It may look odd in the pic, but it's fine.

The only issue I have with mine, is if I look at the gap on the right side in the first pic (where it obviously appears to need a "snapping in," it might bother me, but not too much.

And in the second pic, the left side having a bit larger gap than the right, doesn't really bother me at all. If one focuses in on this sort of thing, I suppose it might drive you mad.

I think on my bike, these two issues would both be fixed by pushing the left side of the upper fairing back-and-in some--closing both gaps, if possible. But I'm honestly not bothered enough by it to mess with it. You don't notice it unless you're looking for it.

Peace, Gary

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nah, man. The fit up there is perfectly acceptable. The black part is a raised edge over the white. It may look odd in the pic, but it's fine.

The only issue I have with mine, is if I look at the gap on the right side in the first pic (where it obviously appears to need a "snapping in," it might bother me, but not too much.

And in the second pic, the left side having a bit larger gap than the right, doesn't really bother me at all. If one focuses in on this sort of thing, I suppose it might drive you mad.

I think on my bike, these two issues would both be fixed by pushing the left side of the upper fairing back-and-in some--closing both gaps, if possible. But I'm honestly not bothered enough by it to mess with it. You don't notice it unless you're looking for it.

Peace, Gary

Tank bag or bagster cover job done

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts