Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read many owners being really happy about their reflash of their 16+ ATs. Especially found Hilltop motor in the UK highly recommended.
Anyone got their Asventure sports reflashed? I'm curious as it seems to be quite different from the standard AT due to throttle by wire, ride mode selection and such.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I noticed no difference after my reflash (standard 2017 dct bike). If your ATAS is the manual, Geoff should be able to do a before and after on the dyno which at least should give you some reassurance that the new map went in
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed no difference after my reflash (standard 2017 dct bike). If your ATAS is the manual, Geoff should be able to do a before and after on the dyno which at least should give you some reassurance that the new map went in
Mike
Thanks Mike,
Mine is manual, the only issue is that Geoff is a good 1900 kilometers from me, so that's why I'm trying to investigate the options.

·
Registered
334 Posts
DCT can be also dyno tested ;)

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
DCT can be also dyno tested ;)
I did see a youtube video that, with some kind of mod to the gearbox, it fooled the dyno machine or the bike or both. But since Geoff doesn't have the techniques at Hilltop, it didn't seem relevant.
..... unless you know of a simple way for me to tell him how to do it?
Mike

·
Registered
171 Posts
I did see a youtube video that, with some kind of mod to the gearbox, it fooled the dyno machine or the bike or both. But since Geoff doesn't have the techniques at Hilltop, it didn't seem relevant.
Mike

Must be possible, as demonstrated by these dyno runs of the XAdv, which is only available with DCT. Someday I guess Hilltopmotorcycles will sus it out! :frown2:

https://youtu.be/qlG3OuoFXGc

https://youtu.be/u-bNgvkQqqA

·
Registered
334 Posts
Honda dealer tool hitachi (bosch licensed) contemplate the dyno option for DCT

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
So Hilltop need to invest in the equipment, then there customer base will grow!
I've mentioned to Geoff this morning (by email) that others are managing to do a dyno on a dct. By the way did anyone on this forum with a manual bike have a before and after dyno run from Hilltop's reflash?
Mike

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sorry to say you cannot get that if you are NOT an honda dealer or honda workshop.
May he can ask at the nearest (friend?) honda dealer .

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've mentioned to Geoff this morning (by email) that others are managing to do a dyno on a dct. By the way did anyone on this forum with a manual bike have a before and after dyno run from Hilltop's reflash?
Mike
I had a before and after printout for my remap but when I copied and pasted to this forum it said the file was too large and being an old thicko I left it at that.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I had a before and after printout for my remap but when I copied and pasted to this forum it said the file was too large and being an old thicko I left it at that.
So was there any noticeable differences particularly at the bottom end of the rev range. Do the dyno testers also print out the air/fuel ratios before and after (again the bottom end is the area I'm interested in)
Mike

·
Registered
133 Posts
So was there any noticeable differences particularly at the bottom end of the rev range. Do the dyno testers also print out the air/fuel ratios before and after (again the bottom end is the area I'm interested in)
Mike
The bottom end was vastly improved, which was the thing I was looking for. The closed to open loop and the jerkiness at small throttle openings and general drivability in low speed traffic situations became more akin to a carbed bike.
Massive jump in torque at 2000rpm and a small gain in horsepower everywhere.
Since fitted a full Arrow ti race system without detrimental effect.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mike
Should be simple enough to fool the dct that the front wheels spinning on the dyno, just temporarily fit a 2nd speed sensor to the rear wheel & plug it into the front wheel speed sensor plug, turn off the traction control & you should be good to go.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Should be simple enough to fool the dct that the front wheels spinning on the dyno, just temporarily fit a 2nd speed sensor to the rear wheel & plug it into the front wheel speed sensor plug, turn off the traction control & you should be good to go.
Not so easy unluckily :(

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
The bottom end was vastly improved, which was the thing I was looking for. The closed to open loop and the jerkiness at small throttle openings and general drivability in low speed traffic situations became more akin to a carbed bike.
Massive jump in torque at 2000rpm and a small gain in horsepower everywhere.
Since fitted a full Arrow ti race system without detrimental effect.
Was this reflected in the dyno charts Skimmer though? If you can't reproduce them on here perhaps you could give us the before and after figures at say 1500rpm and 2000rpm (particulary the air/fuel ratios)
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
133 Posts
Was this reflected in the dyno charts Skimmer though? If you can't reproduce them on here perhaps you could give us the before and after figures at say 1500rpm and 2000rpm (particulary the air/fuel ratios)
Thanks
Mike
Recordings for both torque and horsepower begin at just below 2000rpm. No AFR printed.
Torque on first run: 2000rpm = 28, 2500rpm = 25, 2700rpm = 38, 3200rpm = 35, 3500rpm = 50, 4000rpm = 50, then ran reasonably smooth curve to max at 6597.3 = 64.5.
Torque on second run after remap: 2000rpm = 50, 2500rpm = 55, then a steady rise to max at 5566rpm = 67.53.
Horsepower first run: 2000rpm = 10, 2500rpm = 12, 2700rpm = 20, 3200rpm = 22, 3500rpm = 32, after that a steady rise to max at 7423.7 = 84.9.
Horsepower after remap: 2000rpm = 19, 2500 = 25, 3500rpm = 39 and so on in steady rise to max at 7479.1 = 85.27.
The fuelling in the first 4000rpm was transformed for me, eliminating the chronic fuelling and poor throttle control when using small openings which we mostly use in traffic and low speed situations.
Hope the above makes sense Mike, I achieved exactly what I was looking for when I had the remap.
Pity we live quite a ways apart and the summer is gone, you'd be more that welcome to have a spin on mine and make your own mind up as to the improvements that I now enjoy.

Pete

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone offer this service in North America? Looks like the customs costs of shipping to and from the USA are going to be prohibitive.

Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
The fuelling in the first 4000rpm was transformed for me, eliminating the chronic fuelling and poor throttle control when using small openings which we mostly use in traffic and low speed situations.
Pete
This is exactly what I’d like to achieve on my dct ATAS, but currently it seems its not possible, can live in hope that Hilltop will get something sorted out for the dct bike soon.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hope the above makes sense Mike, I achieved exactly what I was looking for when I had the remap.

Pete
Pete, what model of bike is yours? I have a 2018 AT manual and am really disappointed with the poor low speed fueling. I don't want to waste money on a reflash if it doesn't work on the 2018 bike.

Cheers Paul.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts