Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tried it tonight and it is very good. No buffeting at my helmet and much less on my hands and sholders.

I thnk it will be perfect after adding winglets.

BTW I´m 5 foot 10.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drove around today and its just fantastic. No buffeting at speed up to 100km/hr. Almost no wind on my shoulders. Very happy with it. Dont even need to have the visor down, there is no wind on my face.

Despite of little or no interest in this post ;-). I post this for anyone interested in being able to use the Africa Twin and drive around without buffeting and noise. I hate it and have ended up selling motorcycle because of it. ( KTM 990 and Honda Varadero ).

·
Registered
979 Posts
Did you bolt it on directly or did you have to modify the windscreen?
I think it's cool. It's monstrously big but if it works and does what you want - win!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need to drill 4 holes . Used the original as a template.

Then I added 2 long spacers at bottom to tilt it a little bit back , also because of the shape of it. It works much better tilted back a little. just be carefull not having it to low , then you run in trouble with the slider mechanism on the Givi. The slider mechanism has to have a little space so that you can operate it. I will try to take a photo of it so you see what i´m talking about.

I had the Givi Airflow on my BMW R1200 GS 2005 , there I used something called TOBINATORS to tilt it back. On my Super Tenere I used a bracket from Madstad to do the same.

The spacers do the same except you cant adjust the height of the main screen but thats ok bc it gets high enough without moving the main screen.

It has to be tilted a little bit back to get rid of the buffeting. I will try to post a better photo. But this is a very simple thing to do.

I post this one to start with then a better one later today.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am trying to find some nice plastic spacers to put btw the SPACER and the SCREEN, the screw and the screen.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You wont regret it. And there is nothing you cant turn back so its no risk :).

When you fix the inner screen , the main screen , be sure to give it a space for the Slider adjusters. I had to turn my slider adjusters Upside down to be able to move the slider lock.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking forward to hear how you like it. And BTW how tall are you ?.

I´m 5 foot 10 with 34 inseam and I have my seat in the lower position.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Had my first look at it tonight, have marked out the bottom holes and have to longer bolts, finding adequate spacers may be another issue though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just used two aluminum rivet nuts as spacers. Then I cut down some rubber hose and wrapped around the rivets to make the lower spacers. I put the rivet together so that the wide flat end is facing outwards.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts