Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first bike I've connected with enough to want to farkle the **** out of it. She begs me to take the long way everywhere and to go off the beaten path so I figured the prudent thing would be to dial in the comfort and protection. The list is growing, but it's getting close to where I want to be.

Done:

Batzen adjustable windshield mount (easy install!)
Mitas E-07 Standard tires (dealer install)
OEM Centerstand (moderate difficulty, doing it again would be easy)
OEM 12v Outlet (install wasn't as bad as I made it out to be)
RAM phone mount (super easy)
Battery Tender pigtail (moderate difficulty because the battery access is limited)
AltRider luggage rack (super easy, great looking and very functional, fitting GIVI Monokey to this very soon)
AltRider Upper and Lower crash bars (difficult install, had to enlarge holes in thick steel to make them fit)
AltRider Brake Pedal Enlarger (easy, and wow what a difference in feel)
AltRider tank grip pads/TechSpec? (easy install, peel and stick!)
AltRider Decals (looks like a rolling advertisement at the moment but figured I'd put them all on and remove what I don't like)

Still to do:

Givi Monokey Dolomiti 46L top case for longer trips / 2-up with wifey
Givi quick-release pannier racks
Mosko Moto Back Country panniers for dirtier trips, maybe Dolomiti side cases for road trips where locking is needed if budget allows
Eastern Beaver power distribution - I'll ditch the Battery Tender lead for this eventually
Possibly AltRider skid plate, though there aren't many rocks where I ride
Sena Bluetooth modules for wifey and I to chat and listen to music

And now for the photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is the first bike I've connected with enough to want to farkle the **** out of it. She begs me to take the long way everywhere and to go off the beaten path so I figured the prudent thing would be to dial in the comfort and protection. The list is growing, but it's getting close to where I want to be.

Done:

Batzen adjustable windshield mount (easy install!)
Mitas E-07 Standard tires (dealer install)
OEM Centerstand (moderate difficulty, doing it again would be easy)
OEM 12v Outlet (install wasn't as bad as I made it out to be)
RAM phone mount (super easy)
Battery Tender pigtail (moderate difficulty because the battery access is limited)
AltRider luggage rack (super easy, great looking and very functional, fitting GIVI Monokey to this very soon)
AltRider Upper and Lower crash bars (difficult install, had to enlarge holes in thick steel to make them fit)
AltRider Brake Pedal Enlarger (easy, and wow what a difference in feel)
AltRider tank grip pads/TechSpec? (easy install, peel and stick!)
AltRider Decals (looks like a rolling advertisement at the moment but figured I'd put them all on and remove what I don't like)

Still to do:

Givi Monokey Dolomiti 46L top case for longer trips / 2-up with wifey
Givi quick-release pannier racks
Mosko Moto Back Country panniers for dirtier trips, maybe Dolomiti side cases for road trips where locking is needed if budget allows
Eastern Beaver power distribution - I'll ditch the Battery Tender lead for this eventually
Possibly AltRider skid plate, though there aren't many rocks where I ride
Sena Bluetooth modules for wifey and I to chat and listen to music

And now for the photos:
Nice extras.....now get out & get it dirty

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had absolutely no issue installing the Altrider crash bars and am wondering why you guys did.

Able to get on without redrill but had to loosen everything up including bracket. Then tightened lower crashbar to bracket the lower crashbar to lower frame then retightned bracket. Took ALOT of pushing. Feels compressed/bound up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had little issues.

When installing the whole kit and kabooodle, Altrider is not 100% clear on the sequence.
Once I figured that out, it was good to go.
Also when lining up the holes, I used a large punch to go into one hole to align all the bits first, and start the first bolt, then I pulled out the punch, and installed the second bolt

more here: https://thetenerist.wordpress.com/2...h-bars-and-skid-plate-install-pivot-pegs-too/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts