Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meant to post this a long time ago but in the middle of a pandemic I finally found time. Installed the Aurora power management box a year or so ago
It's been a year and I really love this thing. It's dead simple and a lot smarter than I am.
I don't always run the app when I'm riding but enjoy the security that comes with just cycling the power to resolve any issues that I haven't had.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Matt, thanks for posting this video. You mentioned installing the 12v power outlet as part of your install. Did you install the OEM power socket? If so, did you cut out the 7.5a fuse as part of the hook-up to the neutrino?
-mattf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Matt, thanks for posting this video. You mentioned installing the 12v power outlet as part of your install. Did you install the OEM power socket? If so, did you cut out the 7.5a fuse as part of the hook-up to the neutrino?
-mattf
Sorry so late to reply - didn't get the notice. I left it in and set the Aurora control to 7.3. Not at all necessary from my experience with the Neutrino. Nonetheless, I'll take all the safeties I can get so if the Aurora were to somehow not catch a 7.3 surge, the mechanical would be there to save it. I had a hard time with it though knowing that if a surge did pop the fuse I'd be quite busy sorting replacing that 7.5a fuse. The flip side was that if a mechanical catch wasn't there, well, a whole other bigger problem than pulling the fairing again in the event of overload. It was a hard choice for me as I really didn't want to leave a mechanical replacement in such a location, but setting the Neutrino at 7.3 gave me a feeling of failsafe that worked ok in my mind.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry so late to reply - didn't get the notice. I left it in and set the Aurora control to 7.3. Not at all necessary from my experience with the Neutrino. Nonetheless, I'll take all the safeties I can get so if the Aurora were to somehow not catch a 7.3 surge, the mechanical would be there to save it. I had a hard time with it though knowing that if a surge did pop the fuse I'd be quite busy sorting replacing that 7.5a fuse. The flip side was that if a mechanical catch wasn't there, well, a whole other bigger problem than pulling the fairing again in the event of overload. It was a hard choice for me as I really didn't want to leave a mechanical replacement in such a location, but setting the Neutrino at 7.3 gave me a feeling of failsafe that worked ok in my mind.
So I've been thinking about this and realize I'm an idiot and should have removed the fuse. Next time the faring is off it's coming out. Completely misconceptualized the notion of how to pop a fuse. Fortunately I'm not planning on plugging anything super energy hungry into it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts