Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Australian bikes being dealer prep'ed in Brisbane today. The silver bikes here are the low spec bike no handguards, no bash plates,old school indicators, no ABS, no traction control, no center stand. The red one is an ABS model and here in AU they come with a center stand plus all the things you dont get on a silver one. The base model silver is AU $15,400 ride away including tax, registration, compulsory insurance and more tax.
It sounds like each country gets to make up what colour and features they put together for their dealer network from Honda.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
.............YEEHAH.....got the phone call today, mine has arrived. It is the only Tri-colour ABS that has arrived with the initial batch to Peter Stevens, and because I was the first to put down a deposit I get the first one.......:smile2::smile2::smile2:

It should be ready for collection by the 16th and because I am away for work next week I will pick it up on the Saturday.....I can't wait!!!!.....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know what, I actually don't mind the silver one in those pictures! And after all my whining about them in other threads... haha
It does not look bad and the advantage is with that model you can put all your own bling on it, barkbusters and big sump guard. I just like shiny bright things, and red does look very good, even better than the photo.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant help but imagine the gold rims from the tri-colour would look sweet on the Rally red bikes....
I am with you on that one and am just in the process of trying to get the part numbers for the Gold rims to see what Honda charge for those

·
Registered
22 Posts
Brisbane Delivery

My dealer in Brisbane Pro Honda contacted me today to advise that not only have they received their demos, a Silver base model and Tricolor ABS, but they have also received a Tricolor DCT and since I'm the first to place a deposit, it is mine. They are waiting for approval from Honda Australia to release so it may be ready for pick-up tomorrow or Friday. Can't wait!

·
Registered
21 Posts
First Australian bikes being dealer prep'ed in Brisbane today. The silver bikes here are the low spec bike no handguards, no bash plates,old school indicators, no ABS, no traction control, no center stand. The red one is an ABS model and here in AU they come with a center stand plus all the things you dont get on a silver one. The base model silver is AU $15,400 ride away including tax, registration, compulsory insurance and more tax.
It sounds like each country gets to make up what colour and features they put together for their dealer network from Honda.

Yay !

The red one is in my garage :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
One tricolor DCT now in my garage. Only had a chance to ride 20kms home today. Awesome colour scheme. So smooth on the road. Need to work out the right mode for slow peak hour traffic riding. D mode a but clunky. Tries to be in too high a gear.

Sure is a beautiful bike.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I read somewhere that a guy who owned a NC750 DCT used the manual buttons all the time in traffic...

When I had a test ride I thought S3 was OK in traffic - I think it was 3, might have been 1. The least aggressive sport setting I mean.

I can't see myself using the D setting that often...

·
Registered
784 Posts
I wonder has there been much discounting of sales price here in AU? In off to test ride an ABS AT today.
Are you serious ?!!!

Brand new bike hitting the market with people lining up to buy it and you wonder if there's discount ? :surprise:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Are you serious ?!!!

Brand new bike hitting the market with people lining up to buy it and you wonder if there's discount ? :surprise:
I got a little discount. Well, actually it was a cash discount, because I don't have a bike to change.

BTW; as we are now in Aussie-topic, any idea when the AT-compatible Barkbusters come to market? Or is there already a model that suits to new AT?

·
Registered
125 Posts
**** that hurts.....

I'm glad you guys have your AT's, but I'm still hearing late April (fat chance of that) or as late as June here in the US. :frown2:
If there is any good news for me it's that I'm first in line and my dealer is one of the largest. This should put me in the first batch that makes it to the US.

I'm hoping :wink2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you serious ?!!!

Haha yes i should have guessed. I wonder what people have been able to ride away an ABS model for here in AU?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts