Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Just installed the Denali D4 lights and Africa Twin Specfic mounting bar (DENALI Auxiliary Light Mount For Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L '16-'17 - LAH.01.10300 ).
I cut apart the Denali harness and used the waterproof light connections (there are two extra for longer applications) - I only needed two to get under the left side front fairing and into the hole Honda left for wiring their lights on the left hand side. I got tired of monkeying around with the relay and went right to the accessory plug (extra) under the speedometer/dash connection.

Red wire - power
Black wire - neutral/ground
Purple wire - fog return light (connected to the power wire after the switch).

Works great. Fits nicely in the little space under the left fairing and looks meant to fit with the OEM foglight button.

I did the power socket, my GPS and the OEM fog light button all at the same time. Took some figuring to get everything apart and back together. Holy smokes the Denali lights are bright - great for visibility and night riding.

Attachments

· Registered
50 Posts
I installed Cyclops 10/20 set of LED lights and Skene IQ-275 LED dimmer from RockymountainATV. Had SW-Motech guards so used their mounting brackets from Revzilla. Installed the OEM fog light switch from Rugged Roads. I had the harness for the accessory socket and extra plug from Eastern Beaver. Simple wiring and now LED's on at 10% power when dash fog light switch is on and low beam and 100% power when headlights on bright. Instrument indicator on when switch depressed.

· Registered
178 Posts
Just installed the Denali D4 lights and Africa Twin Specfic mounting bar (DENALI Auxiliary Light Mount For Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L '16-'17 - LAH.01.10300 ).
I cut apart the Denali harness and used the waterproof light connections (there are two extra for longer applications) - I only needed two to get under the left side front fairing and into the hole Honda left for wiring their lights on the left hand side. I got tired of monkeying around with the relay and went right to the accessory plug (extra) under the speedometer/dash connection.

Red wire - power

Works great. Fits nicely in the little space under the left fairing and looks meant to fit with the OEM foglight button.

I did the power socket, my GPS and the OEM fog light button all at the same time. Took some figuring to get everything apart and back together. Holy smokes the Denali lights are bright - great for visibility and night riding.
What crash bars are you running there?

· Registered
1,039 Posts
No problem. In my case the lights don't actually mount to the crash bars at all. They are attached to a separate mounting piece attached to the underside of the nose of the bike and subframe/support. I'm not sure if the mounting bar will fit with other crashbars.

Thank you!

Reactions: Dakota Morgan

· Registered
480 Posts

Red wire - power

Your SW-Motech crash bars are mounted incorrectly, the front cross bar should be at the front of the side pieces, commom mistake.

Attachments

· Registered
1,039 Posts
Good god! You have an eagle eye! :laugh:
I just looked at the instructions for installations and totally missed that. Thanks for pointing that out. You were absolutely right. I only put it behind the support on the left side of the bike but had it correct on the right.

Thanks! I would have totally missed that.

P.S. Just for irony - I noticed you spelled common incorrectly. Haha. It's a pretty 'commom' mistake. Har har.

Your SW-Motech crash bars are mounted incorrectly, the front cross bar should be at the front of the side pieces, commom mistake.

· Registered
480 Posts
Bugger, makes me look commom as muck!

· Registered
134 Posts
Hi,

Just to add another product into the mix :) I had a set of CREE 3600's on my previous bike and moved them to the AT.
I am not sure if their technology is by now out of date, but they have been good for me. I wired them to the dip switch, via a double headlight relay I had available, so that they only work on brights. I also got a couple of spare glass lenses, just in case!

The Rockfox crashbars luckily had a neat mounting point so there are no other brackets require. More details from this link:

https://www.extremelights.co.za/motorcycle-lights-comparison-test/

Attachments

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi I am installing Denali DX lights on my AT I intend to use the OEM sub harnes and fog light switch the main question is do Can I power the light from this 4 pin connector or do I go direct to the battery and just use the four pin conectors for the trigger wire. TIA

· Registered
34 Posts
Hi I am installing Denali DX lights on my AT I intend to use the OEM sub harnes and fog light switch the main question is do Can I power the light from this 4 pin connector or do I go direct to the battery and just use the four pin conectors for the trigger wire. TIA
Sub harness can handle those just fine.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

· Registered
8 Posts
One last question the Denali kit has a switch with 3 wires and my oem switch has two wires I would like to use the oem switch . I guess this is due to the Denali switch being a lighted switch . The oem has a light green on the dash .

41 - 60 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.