Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am toying on further draining the bank account. Thinking of axillary lighting and looking for thoughts on such. Clearwater, baja designs, denali ect. Who is running these lights, ease of install, power draw ect. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Save your money on the expensive stuff. I made my own brackets and installed a more economical light set. Works great compared the the expensive stuff. I know you get what you pay for but in my opinion there are a lot of economical options out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have Rigid D2's on my Forester and Clearwater Darla's on my bike. The Rigid are too bright for general running around,but have great performance when using them. Far too obnoxious and dangerous to use when cars are approaching as they will blind drivers. The Darla's are excellent for being seen as they have a very even dimmer system, and then go full blaster bright when the horn or high beams are activated. I bought refurb units and saved $100. Expensive, but I am pretty serious about not being hit by a distracted driver. Nicely built, worth it for me.
I made brackets out of mountain bike handle bar stems and attached them to my crash bars.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Save your money on the expensive stuff. I made my own brackets and installed a more economical light set. Works great compared the the expensive stuff. I know you get what you pay for but in my opinion there are a lot of economical options out there.
What light unit did you find?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Check out the high output LED's available from SuperBright LED's. Very good quality for much less $$ than the big name stuff. They also have many options as to wiring harnesses, remote controls, etc.. I'm happy with my purchases from them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
"Check out the high output LED's available from SuperBright LED's. Very good quality for much less $$ than the big name stuff. They also have many options as to wiring harnesses, remote controls, etc.. I'm happy with my purchases from them."

***********************************************************************************************************************

and ......... 15% off thru 12-13 .......... yeah!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been very happy with the Kristas from Clearwater. I have had a set on my airhead BMW for approximately 5 years with great results. Pricey - but exceptional build and quality.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Komy Lights are very good, bought 4 years ago and been out in all weathers, still going strong
Website even shows examples on bikes and wiring diagrams
These are the 780 lumen, plenty bright enough as DRL's
Show up well with 3 LED's in each
Adjust so the beam is the same level as dipped headlights, otherwise you will get loads of drivers flashing!

Also have the 900 versions with single LED's

Going to fit to the HAT soon

https://2allbuyer.com/780LM-Cree-LED-Light-x2-P3139005.aspx

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts