Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.
New on here, and just got a (lightly used) CRF. Mine is red n black manual gearbox and standard at the moment, not for long I suspect..
I've been riding for over half my life, but spent most of my Yoof on sportsbikes.
Have I grown up now?
Unlikely...
But the AT is a new style of bike for me, partly to take my (slightly reluctant) Missus on the back, but I was seeking some mile eating comfort and some half decent off road ability for a bit of fun now I have given up track days and the like.
I'm in the UK by the way. Dorset to be precise.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Love Dorset! We spent a week in April with friends who live in Tarrant Keyneston (SE of Blandford). Absolutely gorgeous landscape; would love to ride your country lanes on a DCT some day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love Dorset! We spent a week in April with friends who live in Tarrant Keyneston (SE of Blandford). Absolutely gorgeous landscape; would love to ride your country lanes on a DCT some day.
Hello there, I know Tarrant Keyneston very well, I lived in Blandford for a while and live close now. I commute through Tarrant most days. Nice pub there which has Bike meets every week too.
Dorset is indeed lovely. Green rolling hills, dramatic coastline close by. Some epic green laning to be had close by on Salisbury plain.
Thanks for the reply :smile2:

·
Registered
361 Posts
The True Lovers Knot — I've been to that pub! Got there early in the day for a sort of business meeting and the barman was quite skeptical. :)

My friends live on the road that crosses Wimborne where the pub is, quite near the old church. The Tarrant is so pretty there; I would get up early to walk in the fields along the river.

Enjoy your riding, and post some pics!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts