Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at my local dealer yesterday and asked what was new for 2017, he told me he just talked to his Honda rep and was given some definite new models and some very strong possibilities. One of those was a Baby AT, most likely in the 800cc class. I also asked him about his still open orders for 2016 AT and he had told me Honda cancelled them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
What would be the rational for offering an 800cc AT?
I think the information doesn't hold. I would be extremely surprised...

·
Registered
208 Posts
I agree that an 800cc makes no sense. I wish they and other manufacturers would introduce a 400/450 cc trail bike. No mention of anything like that in Intermot though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Have you had a ride on the CCM, its a very competent machine.

M

I was very interested in the CCM at one point early in its development. I was actually in touch with them about it. I read the early impressions with interest. Then I was disappointed to see that it had that BM motor that had failed to sell as an enduro bike for BMW. If they had used a Japanese motor I would have probably have purchased one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I rode one very briefly, they wouldn't allow me to take it off road, when they came up the Scottish Show. Appeared to be a useful m/c and agile too. I settled for John Mitchinson's RR 690 R which was a stonker of a dune muncher.

M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts