Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been scouting about for a decent patch of gravel in south Birmingham so I can get to grips with my AT without getting arrested. Every where I've seen on google earth is fenced off or has a warehouse built on it when I get there. Any ideas please. Aust.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome to the forum @AustTwin! Can’t answer your question as I am in Colorado, but hopefully someone comes along and answers. The AT is an amazing machine in the dirt.

Bookem

·
Premium Member
2020 ATAS ES DCT
144 Posts
Welcome to the forum @AustTwin! I found most of my gravel roads near the Wildlife Management areas here in Tennessee. I bought the large book of the state maps. It shows the nature of all roads. I cannot get to the map book now, but I believe it’s published by Rand McNally. It even shows the roads along the dry river beds. Not that I’ve been brave enough to go check them out, yet. I believe I will hike them first. I need to buy a motorcycle recovery system, or get one together myself. I should have looked more closely to your post. I am guessing that such map books are made for your neck of the world. Here in the states, I buy a new book every time I move to a new area. I have never lived more than ten years in one state.

·
Super Moderator
2,474 Posts
Hi and welcome...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try the Delorme Atlas and Gazeteer for your area , e.g. via Amazon. Lots of detailed info and back/forest roads, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts