Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good...did you get the cold foam, gel, or heating options?

I got the "cold foam" upgrade. It's called Bultex foam, and is supposed to be of a higher quality. I've only ridden around the neighborhood, but my initial feel is that I'm a bit closer to the tank, and about 1/2" lower. It feels more like I'm in the bike, rather than on it...SC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
I got the "cold foam" upgrade. It's called Bultex foam, and is supposed to be of a higher quality.
Interesting. I sure would like to know what the gel feels like. On the stock seat I get numb butt from freeway-speed vibration and have been looking for something that prevents that. The Bagster is the best looking aftermarket seat I have seen.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
***UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE***

After several hundred miles of riding, I've decided the Bagster seat may be better than stock, but it still isn't ideal for me. Too much slope toward the tank. Luckily, I just got my Seat Concepts seat in today, and I think I've found the perfect combination. The SC main seat has almost no sloping toward the tank, with a nice wide, dished out area in the rear. The gripper cover is great for maintaining the optimum position under braking and during decents, if you're not standing. That said, I still really liked the styling of the Bagster, so I've kept the pillion and combined it with the SC main. The Bagster pillion provides a good amount of lower back support, and the black and red accents work well with the rest of the bike. When I do go for some more serious offroad riding, I'll put the SC pillion on which provides easier rearward positioning when standing up on steeper decents. The only drawback to the new SC main seat is the standover height, which is increased at least an inch over the Bagster. I have the Hyperpro spring combo kit fore and aft, so the bike has a taller stance than stock. I have a 33" inseam, and I'm now on the balls of my feet and toes at stop lights...SC

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts