Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Would anyone have some pictures/video's of the barkbusters on the dct. I am trying to work out what this little metal piece does installed over the parking brake. Doesnt seem to fit for the hand brake.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Easy to break the parking brake switch when installing the DCT Barkbusters. Easy to install if you turn every thing upside down, so you can see what you are doing and the parking brake lite switch.. The new switch is $11.00 from any honda dealership if you break it. Do not over torque srew. Loosen the parking brake purch, turn all around 180 degrees, then you will be able to see where all little part go. Firm all down to install barkbuster parts. Once installed, loosen purch and twist all back around. The Barkbuster instructions are not very good.

I also replaced the Honda chrome bolt that goes though the lever with a smaller in length stainless bolt and lock nut, and placed a spacer into the inside of the lever to take up the extra space. Looks a lot better, than with the over sized bolt of old honda guards.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am currently bed ridden from 100% knee replacement. To stand on the pegs long distance I had to have both these operations. Be about 4 months before I ride any distance again. So, I am not quite myself because of pain pills.

Hope this pic helps. Got spacer at Home Depot. Believe it is a 1/4 inch spacer, but not exact sure on length. Each side did reqire a different size length.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts