Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atas dct Has anybody increased the length of hose from master cylinder to joint on the frame, and new handbrake cable, any ideas would be welcome

·
Registered
55 Posts
I replaced the DCT parking brake cable with a longer one made from a new OEM parking brake cable. Motion Pro out of Loomis CA USA did the actual cable job although the process was done through my local bike dealer. The sizing was just right for an additional 2"+ rise. My service order number #214843 in case they can produce the same thing from their notes. Confirm Africa Twin DCT parking brake job from that service order number. I haven't done anything on hydraulic hoses, but lots of companies willing to make custom brake lines so that shouldn't be a problem. Would appreciate hearing from anybody that can recommend somebody for longer hydraulic lines.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Atas brake line from the master runs into a joint black that attaches to the frame, so is not a standard banjo to screw hose connections, I’ve had many braided hoses made over the years, but not sure how to proceed on this at the moment! Many thanks for replying

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have this problem as well. Wanting to fit 2" risers but top brake hose is too short.
I wonder if the hose from an ATAS might do it. I believe the bars are higher.
If anyone has both at hand a quick measure up would be useful.

Thanks
Z

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is the Atas, and need to extend to put 1 1/2” risers on, I’ll measure length for you if you require it

·
Registered
55 Posts
FWIW, part numbers are different for Adventure Sports and non Adventure Sports models for this brake hose. I measure the non Adventure sports models ( part #45125-MJP-G61) hose at about 17" ( 43CM ) including rectangular fitting on frame to center of banjo. Can somebody with ATAS measure the length of this hose from same locations. Thank you

·
Registered
55 Posts
I measured the ATAS front brake hose today at a dealership and it might be 1" (25mm) longer max. Hard to tell with hose on bike. It looked like the banjo on ATAS wasn't a full 90 degree like the non ATAS which will get you a little extra length as well as this wastes length at least on my '16. Not a very expensive hose so if somebody wants to try, perhaps I will.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Desert Rider, what brand risers did you get for the 3/4" rise on your AT? I would like a little more height on my bars and I think 3/4-1" would be perfect. Glenn

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am trying to extend my brake line for 1.5" risers also. I am talking to Galfer and Spiegler. Galfer responds better to email but still trying to verify the frame end tread pitch. Does anyone know what the thread pitch is on that fitting? They have an order sheet that is pretty easy and Glafer makes a complete brake line set for the AT but I was just lengthening the first leg from the master cylinder. I put ROX up and back risers, 1.5". I measured and the original measured 19" so I need 20.5". Speigler said the pitch was 1.25 but they don't list a brake line kit for the AT. Galfer gave me a part number that was 1.00 pitch and I don't see a 1.25 to match the part. They make the complete set so they should know if they will just verify it for me. No refund on returns on custom lines so I don't want to screw up.
If I can get through this process successfully I will post some helpful info for anyone else needing to do this.
Lee

·
Registered
236 Posts
I put 1.5" Rox risers on my ATAS without any cable problems at all. Just took an off-road Adventure training and found that the position actually made it harder for slow rough terrain maneuvering as if I had my weight properly forward the bars were too close to me for leverage, so removed them. 6' and 32" inseam.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I put the barback risers on my 16 AT with no problem, turned the posts round as well which may have helped. I do get the bars twisting though due to the rubber mount so have to slap them straight every other day, wish I could find a top clamp plate to fit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts