Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at options for raising the bars , too uncomfortable to stand up on the pegs :frown2:

What are people using ?
How do you rate them ?
Any good deals in the UK ?

Cheers
Brock

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can't say enough positive things about the Motorcycle Adventure Gear risers. I have them installed and they are absolutely perfect. They are beautifully engineered, machined and finished. I installed them in the forward position (turned around) and it is absolutely perfect for me.......Thanks Tim!

(Mitch aka IowaADV)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am using the helibar bridged risers, they raise the bars an inch and back an inch and supposedly reduce bar flex. They are perfect for me (I am about 180cm) when i am seated they let you sit right back in the more comfortable, wide part of the seat and improves the angle that my legs are on down to the pegs. For standing they are actually a bit short, but still way more comfortable than standing up without risers. They cost me about $169 usd, including dhl express to Australia, so pretty good value. The link to them are below.
https://www.helibars.com/products/HeliBars®-Tour-Performance™-handlebar-risers-for-Honda-CRF1000L-Africa-Twin/642.

12 Posts
Can't say enough positive things about the Motorcycle Adventure Gear risers. I have them installed and they are absolutely perfect. They are beautifully engineered, machined and finished. I installed them in the forward position (turned around) and it is absolutely perfect for me.......Thanks Tim!

(Mitch aka IowaADV)
@mitch @johnsosn We are super glad your'e happy with your risers. We started our business because we wanted to spend our money on parts that focused on ALL the details (Style, function and quality). We hoped there would be a market to support it. Hearing such positive customer feedback makes all the hard work worth it. We have some exciting stuff we are working and can't wait to show off.
https://motorcycleadventuregear.com/collections/all

·
Registered
114 Posts
I installed Rox risers and I like them but be careful about getting them aligned. It is possible to to get them tight but not aligned and the rubber mounts of the OEM handlebar stems will try to twist and be a little cocked in one direction or the other. I guess this can happen with most any bar risers. I had to redo mine when I saw the bars were not aligned at a right angle to the bikes center line.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I installed Rox risers and I like them but be careful about getting them aligned. It is possible to to get them tight but not aligned and the rubber mounts of the OEM handlebar stems will try to twist and be a little cocked in one direction or the other. I guess this can happen with most any bar risers. I had to redo mine when I saw the bars were not aligned at a right angle to the bikes center line.
Fitted Rox Barback Risers this weekend. Turned the stems round and what a pain in the ass to get them tight again. Same problem, as soon as I tightened the Rox Risers the stems twisted. Had the stems set back and the risers set back but too tight on the clutch and brake. Turned the stems round, bars in and tightened, installed risers and stems twisted, uninstalled risers, installed bars, realigned stems, removed bars, reinstalled risers, installed bars. Would like a bit more slack on the clutch and brake but nothing binding so good to go. After the next trip if I want them back a bit more it will need a longer brake hose and clutch cable.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I bought the Touratech bridged bar riser and it does help to lift the bars slightly and level my arms and wrists. It's not a remarkable improvement or a miracle but it's measurably better. It does seem to stiffen up the bars a wee bit, too. Anything higher than that and I think you'd have issues with controls and brake lines.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I put on a pair of 2" Rox risers I had laying around. At 6'1", I can now fully extend my legs and straighten my back while gripping the bars. All the cables and hoses reach, but the brake hose is tighter than I'd like. It's one of those with a junction block on the lower end so would be hard to replace.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I too did the 2" ROX risers, I an 6'2". I used a tubing wrench to straighten out the bend in the brake line to help with being a bit short. DCT version so no clutch cable issues. Makes it much easier to ride standing up. Tricky to get straight tho.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I used the S W Motech ones , 25mm higher, 20mm back , they don't give any problems with cables or wires not being long enough,
The Adventure risers are much taller, and don't need any additions IMHO,

·
Registered
51 Posts
Anybody got a picture of Rox Barback Risers fitted with the bars brought closer to the rider. The video on the Rox site shows them moved forwards and not back. Going to refit this weekend with the post turned back just to check again. I figure tight at full lock is OK so long as the cables aren't being pulled on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tusk handlebar risers 1 1/8 30MM rise. Be careful you don't buy adapters. Straight risers. They are very necessary for a comfortable riding position.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey, wanta pull this thread back up and ask if anyone has put on 2" risers and is having issues keeping them aligned. I had ROX 2" Pivot Risers installed (required longer cables) and they want to twist whichever direction I last steered strongly to (not dangerously, but annoyingly). A tech suggested I find Urethane replacements for the stock rubber mounts, but I can't find them anywhere. Has anyone dealt with this? I don't think tightening them is a solution, as that will just crush the rubber.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey, wanta pull this thread back up and ask if anyone has put on 2" risers and is having issues keeping them aligned. I had ROX 2" Pivot Risers installed (required longer cables) and they want to twist whichever direction I last steered strongly to (not dangerously, but annoyingly). A tech suggested I find Urethane replacements for the stock rubber mounts, but I can't find them anywhere. Has anyone dealt with this? I don't think tightening them is a solution, as that will just crush the rubber.
No problems with mine, didnt need longer cables or have trouble aligning the bars, were easy as to fit, had them on for 12 months without any issues:smile2:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts