Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question to anyone with or going to purchase Bark Busters.
They are finally coming out for the DCT, just trying to decide between the VPS and the STORM.

Which version did you go with and why?
Storm seems to give more protection from wind and weather?
VPS looks better on the AT, but seems slimmer and less protection from weather? Does the wind deflectors work as well as the Storm? Storm seems to be well covered?
thoughts?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've just tonight ordered the VPS ones for my DCT....tbh I was so shocked that something has actually been released for the DCT I just clicked the button straight away and they happened to be the VPS ones, having gone back to the website Rugged Roads I'm happy with the choice :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've just tonight ordered the VPS ones for my DCT....tbh I was so shocked that something has actually been released for the DCT I just clicked the button straight away and they happened to be the VPS ones, having gone back to the website Rugged Roads I'm happy with the choice
I'm confused. Did you order from RR?
I just checked, they are not in stock..?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've ordered the vps ones they have bark busters written on them but I don't think the storm ones do! Also the vps ones don't look as 'Enduro' as the storm my mate has the vps and the deflectors seem to be good at wind protection

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi All - Jonathan from Rugged Roads here :wink2:

Latest on the 'DCT' Barkbusters, is that they are completing manufacturing this week and hope to get the first batch shipped out from Australia next week - so realistically we will see them probably last week in May.

• The VPS Guards don't offer quite as much weather protection as the Storm guards, but they do have adjustable extensions and certainly offer better than the stock guards.
  • Protection in a drop for both the VPS and Storm guards will be the same as they use the same hardware.
  • Storm guards are only available in Black
  • VPS Guards are available in White/White, Red/White, Black/Black, and Silver/Black to suit all CRF1000 colour combinations

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All - Jonathan from Rugged Roads here

Latest on the 'DCT' Barkbusters, is that they are completing manufacturing this week and hope to get the first batch shipped out from Australia next week - so realistically we will see them probably last week in May.

• The VPS Guards don't offer quite as much weather protection as the Storm guards, but they do have adjustable extensions and certainly offer better than the stock guards.

Protection in a drop for both the VPS and Storm guards will be the same as they use the same hardware.

Storm guards are only available in Black

VPS Guards are available in White/White, Red/White, Black/Black, and Silver/Black to suit all CRF1000 colour combinations
Thanks Jonthan for the info.
So the plastic parts on both set ups are interchangeable on the metal arm between models?
Would you be selling only the plastic guards as spares as well?
I'm interested in the VPS, but if the wind protection isn't as good, then perhaps I can pick up a Storm (guard only) and for it to the metal bracket?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks Jonthan for the info.
So the plastic parts on both set ups are interchangeable on the metal arm between models?
Would you be selling only the plastic guards as spares as well?
I'm interested in the VPS, but if the wind protection isn't as good, then perhaps I can pick up a Storm (guard only) and for it to the metal bracket?
Yes - both the VPS and Storm guards are interchangeable.

I'd loose the will to live if I tried to put all the different combinations and spares up in the webshop - so if anyone wants just hardware parts, or just plastics, then drop us a line or give us a call :laugh:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes - both the VPS and Storm guards are interchangeable.

I'd loose the will to live if I tried to put all the different combinations and spares up in the webshop - so if anyone wants just hardware parts, or just plastics, then drop us a line or give us a call
Got it. I'll def be picking up a set from you guys, just waiting for delivery arrival.

One last thing - any chance you have a side by side photo of the VPS , Storm and the OEM guards?
I'd like to see in reality how big the VPS or Storm is compared to the OEM to judge to see if they are suitable for me.
I have not found anyone with a side by side photo this far...
Thanks again.

·
Registered
379 Posts
A pic of where the clamps go on the handlebar would be useful as well. I'd like to see if they'll interfere with the Tripmaster controller and my ram mount.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi All - Jonathan from Rugged Roads here :wink2:

• Protection in a drop for both the VPS and Storm guards will be the same as they use the same hardware.
  • Storm guards are only available in Black
  • VPS Guards are available in White/White, Red/White, Black/Black, and Silver/Black to suit all CRF1000 colour combinations
Hi Johnathan,
That's ok with me, so if I've paid which I have, there's a good chance we will get the first ones to arrive....

·
Registered
379 Posts
Here is the Tripmaster controller:

Here is the Barkbuster clamp. Non-DCT but I'm assuming the clamp position would be similar:

Jonathan, do you reckon they'll fit together OK?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here is the Tripmaster controller:

Here is the Barkbuster clamp. Non-DCT but I'm assuming the clamp position would be similar:

Jonathan, do you reckon they'll fit together OK?
I haven't tried it with the TripMaster Remote Switch yet - but looking at the pictures I don't see why it won't fit - the switch bolt mounts are on the right, so I think it will fit just fine :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
I saw someone say (somewhere...) that the stock handguards can be made to fit on the Barkbuster aluminium frames without too much ugliness. It's an option I'll be looking at because I think the stock handguards look good and are a good size, they're just flimsy.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I saw someone say (somewhere...) that the stock handguards can be made to fit on the Barkbuster aluminium frames without too much ugliness. It's an option I'll be looking at because I think the stock handguards look good and are a good size, they're just flimsy.
Stock guards with BarkBuster alloy guards..

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts