Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After recent lowside on the trail destroyed the wimpy stock hand guards I just installed the Barkbuster Storm hand guards. They did use the internal bar end weight and from that standpoint an easy install. I still wish there was a set that used the stock mounting location to the brake/clutch perches. Most I've seen still utilize 'clamping' to the bar and this not a clean install. (I included a picture with the circled stock mounting bolt and where the clamps attach) I don't see how anyone can install without fiddling around with the perches to get installed appropriately. Of course I know someone will come back and said they did. Then my set of guards or bike was manufacturered differently than yours. Just sayin' :)

Overall I'm happy with the product and do not question their durability at all. Plus, I think will provide the hand protection I desire.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here is what I use. https://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/ They are supported by a custom bar top clamp which help prevent bars bending when dropped and they do not interfere with controls. The bar clamp also has many options for switch and control mounting. Extremely stout and superior to barkbusters. They also offer cool swing-away mirrors for those of us who loke to take our Queens into the bush

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is what I use. https://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/ They are supported by a custom bar top clamp which help prevent bars bending when dropped and they do not interfere with controls. The bar clamp also has many options for switch and control mounting. Extremely stout and superior to barkbusters. They also offer cool swing-away mirrors for those of us who loke to take our Queens into the bush
Yeah, those look pretty cool. I have my Phone mount already right in the crossbar location and didn't want to start a new phone mounting path. (see attached) These Barkbusters are going to work pretty good and I like the way they look on the bike. My only comment is that "I wish" that a hand guard set mounted to the stock location on the perches. I now have a bolt there, or empty bolt hole, that does nothing LOL.....

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts