Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing a set of Barkbusters, Koso apollo heated handgrips and a Kaoko throttle lock. The Koso handgrips go on farther than the factory grips so I had to drill the locating holes in the handlebars in about 1/4 of an inch so that the Barkbuster handlebar weights would fit properly, I could have possibly trimmed the handgrips but I was concerned about hitting the heating element. The throttle side fit well even with the throttle lock but the LH side was a pain in the butt. There wasn't enough room for the brake bracket and the Barkbuster bracket, this caused the brake lever to bind on the DCT switch housing. I had to grind off part of the brake mount clamp and part of the Barkbuster bracket to make everything fit properly. The LH handgrip has to be carefully positioned so that it doesn't get in the way of the DCT downshift switch. One added bonus of the Barkbuster is a bracket that bolts to the park brake lever and brings it closer to the handgrip, I bent it a bit to bring it even closer and now I have rear brake control from the handlebars. I have inspected the park brake pads and caliper and they look like they will hold up to actual braking

1 - 3 of 3 Posts