Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hoping someone can help. I've just installed a new set of the Barkbusters Storm Handguards onto my AT. No issues with the process of the install, less the bracket that you have to fit to reduce extension of the DCT handbrake lever. You have to fit it to ensure the lever fits (aka dosent foul) on the metal backbone of the Handguard. The only issue I am now left with is the parkingbrake light on the dashboard is now on. Even when the brake is fully disengaged. Has anyone else has this issue? Any clues on how to resolve?

P.S. loving the upgrade. 20180907_173257_1536343118372.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same issue when I installed mine also. I can't recall anything specific I did to eliminate the light comming on other than fiddling with the adjustments around the parking brake lever until the light went out. I will have to go look at how I aligned the handguard. I might have just either rotated the lever upwards or downwards a bit to clear the aluminium backbone. I will post a pic here in a few...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know this was posted a while ago. Thank you for that btw. I've been wondering what on earth I did wrong if anything. For others in the future, just in case, after spending some time fiddling with the bracket I noticed the little sensor sticking out a bit too far. As a result, it appears contact wasn't being made. Thus, the light remains on. Unfortunately, it now appears the sense wire is almost cut completely through. Not great and not sure how that happened. I guess I'll be getting that one fixed at the service department.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It is very easy to damage the parking brake switch when installing the spacer bracket - I broke it when installing my Barkbusters. I called Barkbusters and they said breaking this switch was a big problem and they re-designed the bracket to prevent damaging the switch. Unfortunately I had the new bracket and still managed to break the switch. The replacement switches are pretty cheap though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just instaled the barkbuster on my 2017 DCT , followed the step by step instalation , there are 3 extra pieces for DCT that has to be instaled (one bolt, one nut and one metal peice)I was wondering why it is needed till i saw this posting. I did ride the bike after instalation and no lights on.
please make sure that you instaled them by the order of instruction.
Good luck
Ride safe/Ride long:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just fitted some to mine. Went much smoother than I was expecting. The little diagrams in the BB instructions were helpful. To be honest, I had more problems with the rhs. Had to loosen and move the brake reservoir slightly. All good. Easy peas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed on my 2020 ATAS DCT. I didnt understand the spacer bracket on the left side and left if off at first. But later installed it after reading more about it's purpose -- it helps keep the parking brake lever away from the BB backbone. Works like a charm. I did not have to move my brake reservoir or wiring harnesses(maybe just a little). Thanks guys for the details/info!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts