Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What say you?

Batzen adjuster or touratech replacement screen?

I'm 6'0" with a 32" inseam. (long torso, short legs)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Batzen & VStream M combo works good for me, 6' 2", 34" inseam.

Lähetetty minun SM-T719 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

·
Registered
105 Posts
Much more likely to get a bespoke fit with an adjustable screen.
The Batzen works fine for me and I have a similar torso to yourself, effectively eliminated the buffeting to the peak on my helmet.

In addition, it is a quality piece of kit, great cost versus benefit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Batzen for me! 6ft 2" 34 leg. But!!!!!!! I have the standard screen fitted to the batzen adjuster and I think I just need a little extra help with airflow, so I'm looking to fit a wind deflector to the screen as I just still get some buffeting under the peak of my helmet. but as said the adjustability of the Batzen sold it to me. (Plus Wolfgang is a really nice man to deal with and has a great name hahahah...)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I tried the Honda touring screen but I was either looking through it or the top edge was annoyingly in my line of site. Wasn't as noisy tho.
I then tried the Batzen with the standard screen and find it perfect.
I'm 5 11

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So an update is due here.

I ordered the swegotech air deflector and installed it last week. I'd say this alone cured 90% of the buffeting of my helmet, but I was still getting blasted at freeway speeds on the top edge.

I recently received my order for the batzen adjuster with GPS mount and installed it the same day. I have yet to take the bike out for a proper ride but I can see how this may solve the issue permanently.

Tomorrow morning is my ride to work, so I'll update more then.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's interesting...

The batzen screen adjuster does help a little bit more and I found myself trying to find that happy medium of non-buffeting on the top of the helmet AND not causing side buffeting, so this is going to be an exercise in adjustments.

At 65MPH, the top buffeting is effectively gone, but the batzen introduced a side buffeting that makes hearing really difficult. I made another slight adjustment and will try again tonight on the way home.

FWIW, the swegotech shield did more for buffeting over the adjuster for me. YMMV

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the Batzen and it does help. I plan on getting the fork shield but I would like to have to get more protection on the sides. As mentioned above, this seems to contribute to helmet noise and the buffeting on my arms gets tiring after a while.

Any good screens to help with this without hurting off road riding?

By the way, I'm 6'2" with 34" inseam and I have to lower the screen (Honda standard) for off road riding.

Ti04

·
Registered
148 Posts
VStream M is wider than OEM, works good for me with Batzen and DIY forkshield, I'm also 6'2" with 34" insram. Some wind still comes on the side to upper arms.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm 6'2" with 32" inseam and I am also using a combination of VStream M and Batzen riser. Works perfect for me.

With the riser all the way up, I look just over the top of the windshield for highway riding. When riding dirt roads, I lower the riser about 2" for a little more air.

·
Registered
148 Posts
20058. I'm 188 cm and think that with the Batzen the 20058 goes at least for up to 190 cm tall rider.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have the Batzen and it does help. I plan on getting the fork shield but I would like to have to get more protection on the sides. As mentioned above, this seems to contribute to helmet noise and the buffeting on my arms gets tiring after a while.

Any good screens to help with this without hurting off road riding?

By the way, I'm 6'2" with 34" inseam and I have to lower the screen (Honda standard) for off road riding.

Ti04
My MRA Vario is excellent at low/medium speeds for wind noise reduction and good at higher motorway speeds over the stock Honda. It is not that much higher than the stock screen so might suit you for off-road riding too.There are a few posts on here regarding this screen with pics. (I am 6ft)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm 6'4. Fitted a batzen and did 1200km last week with a Scorpion AT exo950 helmet that has a peak. No issues at all. Lots of turbulent air on my upper arms and shoulders though. The protection bubble is pretty narrow on this bike. Doesn't bother me though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts

Fitted a Batzen i.c.w. a large Puig screen, cut off 7cm from the top, made a cut-out for the visor mount.
1m8* long person with Arai Tour- X4 helmet. Highway use 140+ no buffeting, helmet visor up no problem. Backroads use with Batzen fully slide-down keeps airflow cooling-me down 👍

1 - 20 of 20 Posts