Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered and in two weeks received a Batzen screen adjuster for my ATAS. I am just shy of 6’3” and needed some extra wind protection.

It really does the trick, too! My first stretch of highway I was “underwhelmed“ until I realized I was already at 70 mph on the on ramp. No joke, 75 mph feels like 55 mph!!

It took all of 15 minutes to install so I used the time to get some wind therapy at a much more relaxed pace than I thought possible. Thank you to Wolfgang at Batzen!

Bookem

23F3895D-9DED-4611-A5B3-954E2ED795A4.jpeg E2D6C806-22A4-49B1-95BF-21E8398C8459.jpeg

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Wpala - Thank you for the reply! Please keep in mind I only have about 30 or so minutes of riding with it thus far. When all the way down it’s about an inch higher than the standard set up and even that was an improvement.

The next stretch I had it all the way up and I was most impressed. Next I split the difference and had it ~half way. It was still a great improvement.

All that to say I am not sure where I’ll keep it until I get a few more miles behind it. Extended all the way it was stable so it’s not like it “hurts” anything.

Bottom line for me is it works like a charm and was worth the investment.

Bookem

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bookem, what screen are you using? Could you see over it in the highest setting, or were you looking through it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been using the Batzen with the standard Atas screen for couple of years now. It's usually around 2/3 up and works well for me at 6'3. I have thought about getting a wider screen but height wise I'm ok.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@AZMtnRider - I have the standard ‘tall’ windscreen that is on the Adventure Sport Model. I see over it even when fully raised. For dirt I will lower it completely but I am still figuring out the highway/road piece and how high I will keep it for every day riding.

All I know is works for me. 😊

Bookem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts