Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for additional front lighting to be seen from the front. What has anyone had luck with?
What else have other done to be seen better?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Can use L brackets or make your own from Lowes and get the cheap LED Chinese lights (on my DR 650 and Harley)from eBay ( which work great) , or ....can get an expensive set. Helps if you have the front/sides crash or "light bar". Or....if you have this below. Possibilities are almost endless. You can do it all for $30 or up to $400.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
Extra lights are great for seeing, but in my opinion you can't beat a Pathblazer modulating headlight to "be" seen. My bike was the test bed for Kisan so I know for a fact they have them for the Africa Twin. https://kisantech.com/p115w-h3-af2.html . I mounted their tail light flasher as well.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Extra lights are great for seeing, but in my opinion you can't beat a Pathblazer modulating headlight to "be" seen. My bike was the test bed for Kisan so I know for a fact they have them for the Africa Twin. https://kisantech.com/p115w-h3-af2.html . I mounted their tail light flasher as well.
Nice. The AT already has the best lighting I've had on a bike in 40 yrs. Will try these.....thanks !

·
Registered
814 Posts
Denali D4 lights. Extremely bright. Very useful for vision at night and increases visibility significantly during the daytime.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Can’t beat these... neither the fluorescent green covers AND the Rigid Industries.amber fog logs below.. both are annoyingly bright and an “off” color..

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've mounted a pair of Koso Aurora LED fog lights on the Denail Aux Light Mount bar. Small but effective.
I also use the Denali Aux Light Mount Bars along with some Baja Design Dual Beam Aux Lights. Really like the mount since it's not right up besides the headlight and more importantly it keeps them inside the envelope of my mid Outback Mototek crash bars plus at full steering lock it still clears the front fender if I ever fully compress the front forks. I do a lot of commuting in LA lane sharing and with the amber covers they really pop......as you said it's about being seen. Good luck

·
Registered
69 Posts
Lol!!!! A friend of mine is a EMT and they say: “wear hi-vis so we can find the body parts easier”
ehh maybe, but I ride 4 days a week in the Atlanta metro, in rush hour. Since i switched my gear over to Hi-VIZ i've had far less "close calls" from inattentive drivers. When riding in all black gear at night (early morning), I routinely had people trying to cut over on me, cutting me off, etc.

Can you seem me now?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rBRK39fyGJ3rvMXCA

·
Registered
296 Posts
Small rant here: Why are bikes now painted in dark colors, or in several colors with broken outlines? Why is most of the gear blackish or darkish, or dull colors with broken outlines? Breaking up the shape is the basic principle of camouflage. It's as if we want to get run over, or manufacturers want us to be. Is it because looking like Billy Badass is cool? You'll be cool long enough without hurrying the condition. All my stuff is solid colors (as bright as possible, but not Hi-Viz, BTW), so someone would glance and have a chance of realizing "that's a man on a motorcycle" just by the shape.

·
Registered
720 Posts
ehh maybe, but I ride 4 days a week in the Atlanta metro, in rush hour. Since i switched my gear over to Hi-VIZ i've had far less "close calls" from inattentive drivers. When riding in all black gear at night (early morning), I routinely had people trying to cut over on me, cutting me off, etc.

Can you seem me now?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rBRK39fyGJ3rvMXCA
Yea I disagreed with her too, ppl just don’t pay attention period. But I also think bright is better, you are more likely to be seen in hi-viz then black/grey...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think the only research I ever found was some done in Australia about 20 years ago that IIRC said white helmets were involved in 30% less accidents than any other colour. Not sure whether dayglo yellow helmets were included at that time.
Mike

·
Registered
175 Posts
When they are on their phones talking or texting, they are in another world, they don't see or hear ****...and we.....are basically dead if we're not being the best offensively defensive rider we can be.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts