Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I would absolutely avoid installing an alarm with siren (like the one in the picture) in the most obvious place, that is under the saddle.

I therefore wanted advice from those who have already installed it, on the best place to hide it (if it exists).

The dimensions are about 15X6X3 cm. so not so small as for example a small GPS tracker.

Thanks in advance, Andrea.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can't think of anywhere else that it would fit other than perhaps the 'tool box'?

I have a Datatool alarm dealer fitted under the pillion seat, it requires that the rider's seat is removed first then the pillion seat is unbolted and then it has an anti-tamper connection that sets the alarm off when the pillion seat is lifted.

·
Registered
977 Posts
They mostly go under the seat for a reason - it's inaccessible and locked. They'd have to tear off the seat to get at it. Like squirrelly said, they also have a feature that sets the alarm off if the power is interrupted. The nice thing about under the pillion seat is there is already stock wiring there for an alarm system, so you can tie it right in there and it will fit like a glove.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They mostly go under the seat for a reason - it's inaccessible and locked. They'd have to tear off the seat to get at it. Like squirrelly said, they also have a feature that sets the alarm off if the power is interrupted. The nice thing about under the pillion seat is there is already stock wiring there for an alarm system, so you can tie it right in there and it will fit like a glove.

I agree that under the passenger seat there is the most suitable place to install the alarm, however my alarm control unit also has a GPS transmitter and therefore I suppose that who steals this bike, the first place in which it looks for turning it off is just under the saddle. Furthermore, forcing the lock of the saddle is quite easy….. :frown2:

For this reason I would like to use a better hiding place, also the electrical connections for me are not a big problem (rather I prefer not to use the connector provided under the saddle ...)

·
Registered
46 Posts
what about in between the plastics in the front ... might be a squeeze and a pain to initially do but i doubt a impulse thief will be the wiser..

i run a small GPS tracker with a prepaid sim card .. it costs me about 50$aud a year to run ( i have them in my cars too..

i figure that the alarms get over looked these days as in no one goes out to look anymore.. so i will take much pleasure in following the GPS tracker to the thief and leading him/her to the boys in blue.

most GPS trackers have a remote shut off these days too so you can track the signal to where you know the bike is safe and kill it on the spot.. i have a great example of this... my mate has the same tracker as mine. his 4x4 got pinched, we tracked it whilst on the phone to the police and they happened to drive straight past a cop shop so we killed it right in front. the kill function on mine cuts the fuel and locks the doors and power from the windows so the the offender gets locked in the car ..

best of all its all done via the smart phone or pc .

however i would love to electrify the bike so the b*****d fries when he touches my bike but that is frowned upon apparently

1 - 5 of 5 Posts