Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Givi XS320 tank bag for the Africa Twin has two major problems you should know about prior to buying.

1. The tanklock ring is specific to this bag and will not work with any of the other GIVI bags, so if you want a smaller bag as an option or use an older bag or buy a new bike, you are out of luck. You can only use this bag on the AT tanklock ring.

2. The bag is too wide at the end toward the rider, which limits forward stance on the bike. The bag was designed poorly and it's too big. It prevents the rider from contact with the tank while standing up and prevents a forward position over the tank while standing.

I wish I knew all this prior to my purchase. I talked with GIVI support and they have no plans to make a smaller bag that is compatible with the specific AT tanklock ring.

·
Super Moderator
4,071 Posts
The Givi XS320 tank bag for the Africa Twin has two major problems you should know about prior to buying.

1. The tanklock ring is specific to this bag and will not work with any of the other GIVI bags, so if you want a smaller bag as an option or use an older bag or buy a new bike, you are out of luck. You can only use this bag on the AT tanklock ring.
I don't think that is true @Van Brudenrijden.

Review this.

It has been working great for a small tank bag.

·
Registered
403 Posts
2. The bag is too wide at the end toward the rider, which limits forward stance on the bike. The bag was designed poorly and it's too big. It prevents the rider from contact with the tank while standing up and prevents a forward position over the tank while standing.
I wish I knew all this prior to my purchase. I talked with GIVI support and they have no plans to make a smaller bag that is compatible with the specific AT tanklock ring.
Actually I'm using a Givi's ST602 small tank lock bag on my modified BF25 flange (yes, the one compatible with AT and the XS320 bag).
I just added two new slots to keep correctly rotated (90° clockwise) the smaller bag that is not made for the AT tank lock.
I use the XS320 for those longer trip, while the smaller ST602 is for daily use.

IMG_20180623_162041.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would have to agree the xs320 is in the way when you stand..
After much conversation with GIVI I built my own using a replacement top flange
I bought on line and different brand of bag.. It Has worked well with no issue with standing and leaning forward...
0A4CAF39-92E0-468C-A786-9060D57679A7.jpeg

·
Registered
2017 DCT, tricolore
20 Posts
I bought myself a used GIVI XS219 and did read the manufactors instructions. I mailed GIVI and asked why only the 220 bag is for the AT. They told me that i can use the 219 when i rotate the conector by 90 degrees. This is because oyherwise i would be possibele to release the bag in full steeering posisioning. The handle bar can hit the release. So it was a very usefull answer of the manufactor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions, would be nice is GIVI offered predrilled holes as an option to rotate the connector without having to drill and potentially destory a $125 bag. I'll be looking for a used one or deep discounted as I hate to drill into a brand new bag.

·
Registered
2017 DCT, tricolore
20 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, would be nice is GIVI offered predrilled holes as an option to rotate the connector without having to drill and potentially destory a $125 bag. I'll be looking for a used one or deep discounted as I hate to drill into a brand new bag.
Ther you have a point. They also couldn't react or say its not possible as other contacts will do. I thanked them for this solution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never had a problem with the 320 myself, brilliant bag for me. I have a small 3litre bag I use occasionally use with no mods.
I am glad you found something that works for you. Personally, I would have a fit over a bag mounted sideways but that's just me. I want things to work as designed and to be in line and properly aligned. waiting for my discounted bag to arrive and bag flange. Then the experiment continues. ....

·
Registered
9 Posts

Wish i had seen this earlier. I stand up a lot and this may cause problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts