Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I did my first big day ride on the Africa Twin with a mate on his BMW F650GS Dakar.

Spent most of the day off-road or on gravel backroads and a couple of short single digit stretches on Tarmac for fuel and food.

We traveled 450km and stopped at an outback pub and a Brewery. =)

The AT was very capable offroad and handled some single track I would ordinarily only take my 450x on and it did it surprisingly well even took some unexpected sharp rocky drop offs in its stride.

Overall I had a great day and found nothing lacking on the big AT except once pushed harder offroad the suspension found its limits but even when bottomed it was balanced and still didn't get out of shape.

Much better offroad than the F650GS which quickly got out of shape in the sandy whoops.

Attachments

Reactions: crstep and Jimrides

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sounds like a great way to spend the day. Looks like you have some great riding down under, and it is hard to imagine you are in your summers season down there.

So what did you guys have for lunch, a pint I am sure. A roo burger, with a side of croc?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea we have some great riding. I'm in an especially good spot as I'm on a farm 230km (140mi) from the nearest city. So lots of back roads and trails in every direction. Haha, yes had a few pints and a steak for lunch. Summer is nearly over and the 40c + days are gone now autumn is coming so perfect riding weather.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sounds like a great location for riding. Same here, forest service roads that you can ride on for days.

If it is fall for you that just means that spring and riding weather is on its way to us. Send it soon "Mate"!

Safe riding down there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts