Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a similar ask. I'm about to take the AT touring and I have Givi 52L top box and 36L side panniers. My main goal is to cover the bike for security, some weather protection while being lightweight and sturdy for touring

·
Registered
212 Posts
This is what I use for inside only. Good quality, reasonable price:

Guardian By Dowco - Indoor/Garage Breathable Motorcycle Dust Cover - Lifetime Limited Warranty - Napped Protective Interior - Black - Large Cruisers - Small Touring [ 51055-00 ]

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got this one in the largest size it comes in.

Universal Waterproof Dust Sun proof Indoor Outdoor Motorcycle Motorbike Cover for Harley Davison, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawazaki Etc, Package Bag Inc https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01K3ZHK22/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_c1h5hGwdb471T

It is just large enough to work for me. Stock windshield, outback motortek crash bars, reckless 80 bags (with the sacks removed overnight). It lives in the empty space under the reckless 80 bag when mounted on rear passenger seat. Cheap! Should fit over pannier racks too but not a top box and not a higher windshield, and probably not over those big steel cargo racks that top boxes mount onto.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Bought this from Amazon.co.uk. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E4628BY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
JDC xxl top box. I did not go for the ultra heavyweight version as that comes in at 4kgs. The standard is heavy enough and the XXL goes over with room to spare but is not draping a mile on the floor. Normally just a dust cover but am going away for a trip in a couple of weeks so want to hide the bike from prying eyes when parked up. Nice quality and at £29.99 delivered a real bargain.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Greetings: I purchased this cover from the Honda dealer. I found the part number during an on line search. It is a factory Honda cover that covers the bike with the panniers, top box and taller screen installed. In one word, it is "beautiful"...

The dealer was unaware of this cover, prior to me asking for it...

Part number is 0SP34-MJP-201 = Cycle Cover
List Price (US dollars) = $149.95

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can anyone share how they are getting on with their bike covers?

I'm also looking for something that will cover the bike from dodgy eyeballs while out on the longer trips. Waterproofing and tea making abilities are not as important as packed size and weight - and ideally not luminous :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Can anyone share how they are getting on with their bike covers?

I'm also looking for something that will cover the bike from dodgy eyeballs while out on the longer trips. Waterproofing and tea making abilities are not as important as packed size and weight - and ideally not luminous :)
I use an Oxford Stormtex cover in size XL. Same that I used for the Varadero. I have a 47l givi topbox on the back. The cover fully covers from the bottom of the front wheel to the bottom of the number plate rack. Rear tire stays visible. The cover is solid, anti scratch, anti heat and protects very well from the elements. Maybe a bit large for touring but then I would recommend the Oxford Raintex version which is thinner. I think the raintex also comes in a "topbox version" so the cover will go down to the back tire. I couldn't find the stormtex in topbox version so I make do. I use the bike everyday so back tire out isn't a huge problem and in any event I've built a bit of a shed area with a pvc roof for the rain, so the cover is just to keep her away from eyes. If I'm away a weekend I can take the top box off and then the cover works fully.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I like my UltraGard cover. It's easy to put on, light and rolls up to about the size of a football. I wouldn't say its waterproof, but it keeps most of the rain/dew off the bike. Saves the plastics from fading in the sun and keeps prying eyes off the bike. Had this cover for about a year. It will probably last 3 or 4 years (not bad for Arizona conditions) I have a Dowco Guardian cover, its full size, but its way too bulky. I'm selling that one.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone tried one of the Aliexpress covers? I'd like to keep one at the office so I can keep the bike out of the sun/rain etc...

If so, what size?

Aliexpress bike cover

I ordered one from Aliexpress, size 4XL. It fits great to the AT. I have Batzen Screen adjuster with the screen in highest position too.

Its cheap so I dont know how long it will be around, but it seems to be ok so far.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts