Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was it ever in doubt? Can't post in Africa Twin News so chucking this here

2nd place was Triumph's Thruxton R (really?), 3rd place their Street Twin, 4th was Yam's Tracer 700 and 5th was Ducati's Multistrada Enduro

Here's the Africa's write up (DCT model). I disagree that you can't wheelie the model. Of course you can't clutch up the front wheel, but with HSTC off, manual mode engaged, roll along in 1st - close throttle - crack it in 1st and it comes up a treat, trigger 2nd and she stays up beautifully. These testers don't know what they're doing :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good article and I am off to the very same place on my AT in October with Austin. The point about wheelie's is a valid one, the bike has enough power to loft the front at the right revs, you need a clutch when you need to pop the front at low speed over obstacles.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - point taken, you can't just induce a pop of the front at will with the clutch

Enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Good article and I am off to the very same place on my AT in October with Austin. The point about wheelie's is a valid one, the bike has enough power to loft the front at the right revs, you need a clutch when you need to pop the front at low speed over obstacles.
Err.. you can actually wheelie it!

TC off.. manual mode... rear brake on.. throttle

:wink2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice story, thanks for sharing it! I got my AT 3 weeks ago and absolutely love it so far! Had it on fine Florida sugar sand with stock tires and it still handles great, incredible for 500 pounds worth!

Peter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts