Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my new Africa Twin Adventure manual version on Monday. I live around 400km from the dealer and on the ride home, I had covered around 260km when the engine started to die, it felt like it was running out of fuel. The engine would die for a couple of seconds and then kick back in again, it did this 3-4 times until it finally died completely, and I came to a stop.
I then hit the start button and it started perfectly. I had been going slow at the time, 40-60kph on a level road. The fuel gauge showed I had plenty of gas plus the bike has the big tank and which was full when I started out, none the less I stopped to fill up just in case it was giving a faulty reading or there was a fuel leak or some other issue. I found no obvious faults and still had around 9 litres of gas in tank when I refuelled.
I have now completed around 500km on the bike and the problem has not re-occurred.
There are few posts reporting the same issue, did anyone find out what is causing this?
Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
You might want to check for a pinched fuel line. I've heard of this happening on the 16/17 models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts