Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Black Africa Twin Owners Picture Thread

63K views 305 replies 88 participants last post by  Hood 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#128 ·
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting
First off I want to thank the folks here for unwillingly sharing a ton of knowledge and information for the last couple weeks. I bought this 2021 holdover Friday nite and rode her Saturday and Sunday. Let’s just say the first 400 miles has been absolutely amazing. This bike is so confidence inspiring. I am coming off of a 2007 klr so it’s definitely an upgrade. Thanks again and hopefully I can contribute to the forum.

#141 ·
But you get that single digit humidity all of us east of the Mississippi folks dream of. Seriously though, spent quite a bit of time along rt50 in Colorado and the 100 degree days there are very mild compared to an 85 degree summer day here In ohio.

#143 · (Edited)
The season is awful short here but it's great while it lasts! The leaves will be changing soon. You can feel the crispness in the air. Our weather is much more variable now than even ten years before too. Warmer and wetter. Had a heat warning this summer and the winter snowpack was record setting since records have been kept in many areas..the forests are even changing with more deciduous trees. Can't really complain about the fewer weeks of -40 though! (that's the same in C and F)

Cloud Sky Plant Tire Wheel

And some days she just has to pretend she's a bmw!

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

#151 ·
So nice to see ATs in the proper color. So, time to add my own!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

I know, nothing scenic, but I'm off on my first trip and I'll see if I can improve on this.
For today I did a little run to see if the luggage all stayed put. And it did!

Should someone be able to tell me where the crashbar came from (dealer didn't know, and I want to extend it to the tank as well), or where the clear (sort of) hand guard came from I'd be grateful. Otherwise fairly standard I think. The screen is from Touratech and was a big improvement. Also tried their large version, but my head was still firmly stuck in turbulence. This small one is perfect. Lots of wind, of course, but no turbulence.

#153 ·
Maybe Puig handguard extenders.

Crash bars kind of look like CrossPro, are they Aluminium?

#157 ·
@Hood
Thanks! Stuff to look into when I'm back. Although Givi... if that is original Givi documentation, then that pic doesn't proof anything... :D :p (I'm not a fan of their documentation)

I used to. And then one day (early on after swapping from the lighter NC750 to the AT) I pushed the bike off the centre stand, I wasn't standing right, had forgotten to put the side stand down first, and pulled a muscle in my right leg stopping the bike falling over and getting it up right again. Since I'm only getting older, the risk of me forgetting the put the side stand down will only increase. :D Best to just leave it down :D

Also, even though I make sure to put the bike pretty close to the wall, and put it on the centre stand in the first place to leave as much space on the sidewalk, some people still insist on walking past 3 wide and their dog and hit mirrors, etc. Leaving the side stand down makes the bike look wider.

Finally, although I admit I'm not sure if it's true, someone told me that having the bike wider near ground level is friendlier toward people with no/bad vision using a stick to find their way. Can someone here confirm/deny that?