Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Bucks!

Had my black AT DCT for 1 week tomorrow and have already put a few hundred miles on it.

Mostly loving it - struggling a bit without a clutch!!

Cheers all ??

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
After one or two mistakes like revving the engine at a stop light and then crapping your pants as you almost rear end the car in front of you will cure that!! It did for me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem I have is slow speed turning like into a garage. I can't get that fine level of control over the throttle that you get from a clutch.
I hope I can master this because It's an expensive mistake if not!!
On the open road in sport mode it's near perfect ?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Control your speed with the rear brake and use a featherlight touch on the throttle. It wont stall trust the DCT. I am still looking at how to attach an additional lever to the parking brake lever as on the Integra I had slow riding down to a fine art with the rear brake on the bars.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am still looking at how to attach an additional lever to the parking brake lever as on the Integra I had slow riding down to a fine art with the rear brake on the bars.
FYI, to facilitate the installation of Acerbis handguards while keeping the bar end weights, I found that I needed the parking brake lever in what is a more normal brake lever position closer to the bars to clear the handguards. Thinking that it gets minimal usage, I loosened up the cable to gain slack and used a zip tie around the lever bracket to compress the brake switch and also keep the lever from returning all the way. E-brake is still functional.
Pretty high tech although I'll search for a better permanent solution.
I saw where someone else had modified a clutch lever to replace the e-brake lever. I might try that as well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Coopers do as PJM suggest, rear break is a absolute must for fine control. Once you master that you will love it even more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts