Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 DCT
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a splendid ride out and about south of Chandler, AZ (70 deg F/21 deg C) I decided to do the 600 mile service (Oil and filters) and install a proper crash plate and foot pegs.

I have ordered and stockpiled a few farkles for the 2017 AT/DCT, but have had little time for installation.

The Black Dog crash plate is a fine piece of engineering. I installed it in minutes (well maybe 10.) It fit very well on the DCT and is some extreme armor. I appreciate their engineering and fit. Should be about as easy as the stock one to remove and replace. Significantly heavier, though. I think it looks great; what do you folks think?

Also added a set of Camel Pro foot pegs to get a little more of a platform to stand on. At least they are lighter than the stock pegs!:grin2: (Cory, those are some amazing cotter pins that you sent with them; felt like titainium trying to bend them!)

Thinking about putting the Camel Pro right footpeg brace on tomorrow. Held off doing it today, since I am also debating starting the installation of the Heed crash bars and it looks like the same bracket comes off for mounting the right side crash bar.

Heed crash bars look ok to install on the right hand side; left hand side will require some surgery to work with the BD crash plate. I kind of expected that from pictures I saw before ordering, but it is going to be more than "bolt on."

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 DCT
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good Beowulf. Do you experience any additional engine vibe through the Camel Pro foot pegs?
Nope. Took it for a ride this evening and overall liked the new footpegs. I typically am wearing rubber soled adventure boots, so that may help. Leather soled loafers might be another story...:grin2:

Took a few minutes to get used them being an inch or so wider than the stockers, when I went to put my foot down at a light. The little cleat pegs that stick up are kind of grabby with loose pants!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts