Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just installed the full monti Black Dog Cycle Works Skid Plate on my bike and thought I'd do some show and tell. I purchased the no center stand skid plate version (two versions available depending on if you plan to use a center stand). The difference being the no center stand version protects the rear suspension link.

Install is fairly basic but you do route your breather hoses to the back. One thing I found was to zip-tie the breather lines to the round frame (donut) the center stand would use if you attached it to the bike (pictures below). The last bit of complexity is to make sure the two front female end nuts, attached to the frame, don't move out of position while aligning the two front holes to attach the screws. That's about it for complexity, the rest of the install is to slide the back end onto the support bracket and align the front two holes......done.

The skid plate weighs about 10-11lbs but that's using a cheap scale. The OEM skid plate can't weigh but 3lbs so figure you're adding about 10lbs +/- to the bike.

Here are the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here's the breather line rerouted to the back of the bike.

Sorry the photo is sideways but I've tried several times to adjust without any luck. Once you see it, it'll make sense.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
How you digging that skid plate? Thinking of pulling the trigger on one... Any updates on it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts