Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, suggestion for brake fluid issue. I have never had this much pain in the rear! I changed fluid on my 2017 twice. The first time took 20 mins no more. The second time took about 40min to an hour. I have been working on my friend's 2018 DCT. New fork oil and inspection. Fresh coolant and stripping down. 2-3 hours in total. But after 4hrs plus no joy in getting fresh brake fluid through. The lever hardens up but fluid is not reaching the lines or calipers. Had the brake lines off and used vacuum and no blockage. The fluid doesn't seem to get to the hard-line where arrowed. . Any help is much appreciated as I am racking my brain for things I have missed. I am not new to changing brakes, oil, and all that goes with it. Done valve work etc but this is really starting to do my head in. This is the first fluid change btw on his bike. Never been done in the time he has owned it. I have used the vacuum pump and without.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:
Problem solved. Nothing online helped. Covered all the 101 methods etc. Traced the hard lines back to the module and disconnected to check if blocked. No blockage. Eventually, I got fluid to reach the module but it wasn't feeding the return hard-line to the front brake lines or calipers. On the forum from Honda to Duc and Yam it was suggested to do a reset on the bike. Tried, still did nothing. The lever felt fine as though it had brakes but nothing. Decided to run it on the street just using the rear brake while pumping the front thinking the ABS module might kick in and viola. The lever depressed slowly. Got back indoors, bled and all is good. But that wasn't the end. The DCT being temperamental, it was stuck in 1st first gear. Removing a wheel puts it in safe mode. All reset done, but what a ball-ache!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts