Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a bit more pimp’n not sure on the color of the upper fork guards, couldn’t decide between red, blue, or white. Who knows might just change it yet, but so far I’m liking the red.. Hmmmm might just order some red Shock Sox then change the upper fork guards to blue, then it would kinda be the same “color scheme “ blue up top, red in the middle and white on the lower fork guards.....
:surprise: Eeeeek, decisions, decisions, decisions....... :surprise:

Attachments

Reactions: VaraderoTwin

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks very nice but are you sure your front wheel wont hit the lamps if the suspension is compressed while the handlebars are turned?

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Looks very nice but are you sure your front wheel wont hit the lamps if the suspension is compressed while the handlebars are turned?
It’s just the angle of the shot it’s not as close as it looks. The fender don’t hit it at full turn...But agreed, in those pics it does look like it could...

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL!! Thought about it and ended up ordering a pair of red Shock Sox. When they come I’ll change it out, make the upper fork guards blue, then the new red Shock Sox’s and my current white lower fork guards. Keeping with the same color pattern on the bike I think will make it look better.... We’ll see....

·
Registered
335 Posts
It’s just the angle of the shot it’s not as close as it looks. The fender don’t hit it at full turn...But agreed, in those pics it does look like it could...
If you were hitting full compression at full turn lock, you'd have lots of other problems apart from hitting your aux lights lol! Unless your name is Toby Price or Travis Pastrana :p

The red fork wraps look good. Are they stuck on ie the whole back has glue or do they just wrap around and you then tie them or put some tape? Got a link for them? Thanks

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If you were hitting full compression at full turn lock, you'd have lots of other problems apart from hitting your aux lights lol! Unless your name is Toby Price or Travis Pastrana :p

The red fork wraps look good. Are they stuck on ie the whole back has glue or do they just wrap around and you then tie them or put some tape? Got a link for them? Thanks
Thanks...

Lol I was kinda thinking that too, but I guess if you had all the adjustments cranked down so the forks were more like a door plunger it maybe could happen...

The upper fork guards are actually fork guards that I got here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ProGrip-Pr...roAAOSwWbZclo5N:sc:USPSFirstClass!48192!US!-1

They work pretty good, tho they actually don’t completely wrap around the fork tube, there’s about a 5/8”-3/4” gap in the back kinda turned inward. Then a wrap of the fake carbon fiber and done. It was much easier to put the fake carbon fiber on those then to wrap it on the tubes itself. Also they will do the job of actually protecting the fork. Yea they did look really good in black, I just wanted to keep the color scheme going :grin2:
That reminds me I better pull the red “CF” off and replace it with the blue cause i did order the red Shock Sox. The longer the glue on that wrap is beating in the sun, the stickier it will be to pull off... just have to live with the blue on blue scheme till the red sox’s get here... I’ll post new pics when it’s finally done...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Those lights!

Illuminate road at 1500m
Blind wildlife at 30m
Melt Tarmac at 5m
Weld metal at .5m

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Those lights!

Illuminate road at 1500m
Blind wildlife at 30m
Melt Tarmac at 5m
Weld metal at .5m
Lights: https://www.rigidindustries.com/d-series-pro-d-series.html

Yes! LOVE those Ridged Industries lights, great for back dirt roads. They essentially bring daylight to the road almost as far as you can see. Only two issues with using them ( well three if you count they are not road legal ) reflective road signs are blinding and two after you turn them off your night vision is totally gone. Lol when you first turn them off after using them for a while the normal low beam headlight looks like a the beam from a cheap small flashlight with a almost dead battery in it.
Funny story - The first time I used them was on a long lightless back farm/dirt road. I turned them on and was confused by what I was seeing, I noticed scattered here and there down the road in the weeds and grasses along the edge what looked like tiny pieces of, I was guessing, broken reflectors. But after a minute or so I realized they moved and some disappeared. Turns out they were mice and other small critters - it was the reflective eye shine. :grin2:

Oops! Actually those are the dark amber fog lights in the picture (still Ridged Ind. and still Uber bright). The ones I was talking about are mounted up higher...

Attachments

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cosmetic change

Well I did it, changed the color scheme, l like it better this way...

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like the colours :)

As for the lights, you planning on going as far as this guy? Not sure there's enough bike for your lights haha. But don't worry you're not the only one, I've got lower fog lights and the handguard lights, which means with the high beam and indicators I can have 8 lights on at the front lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Maybe you can do that in London, but we are limited to 6 forward facing lights in Oregon, USA

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the colours :)

As for the lights, you planning on going as far as this guy? Not sure there's enough bike for your lights haha. But don't worry you're not the only one, I've got lower fog lights and the handguard lights, which means with the high beam and indicators I can have 8 lights on at the front lol.

Thanks.

ROFL... With that little thing, when he turns on all his lights the bike probably stalls form zero spark and a dead battery in 2min.
Lol I’m pretty much done with lights in the front now :grin2:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Couldn't resist showing mine off a bit haha. I don't usually ride with them all on, handguard ones during the day and lower lights at night, unless I want some sun at night then I turn them all on ?

Attachments

Reactions: AT-Dragon

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Couldn't resist showing mine off a bit haha. I don't usually ride with them all on, handguard ones during the day and lower lights at night, unless I want some sun at night then I turn them all on ?
Pretty sweet ! I like your hand guard lights, yea I run with my lower amber ones ALL the time. In the day they really do a great job of getting me noticed - they are super bright and a kinda unusual dark amber/yellow. I know for a fact that at least a couple of times ppl have gone to pull out in front of me but then stop do a “double take” and look directly at those lights. But as long as they get me noticed - That’s what they’re all about ( well that’s what I put that set on for ).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts