Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a simple cheap gas station USB charger decided to blow my Accessory fuse yesterday while riding....It blew as soon as I plugged it in to the OEM plug installed at the dealer.
Changing it will be easy, but was wondering if anyone relocated their fuse so as not to lobotomize the bike every time and where they put it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I raised this issue with the dealer when I purchased the bike and he said I should not worry as it would be covered under warranty to replace the fuse.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I raised this issue with the dealer when I purchased the bike and he said I should not worry as it would be covered under warranty to replace the fuse.
You have got a great, or massively optimistic, dealer. Why would Honda warrant a fuse when what you plug in to the accessory socket is totally out of their control?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well I assume on the basis that their design makes it so difficult for the customer to do. The guy is a senior partner at the dealership that I have been using for over 20 years so one would hope he is as good as his word.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well I assume on the basis that their design makes it so difficult for the customer to do. The guy is a senior partner at the dealership that I have been using for over 20 years so one would hope he is as good as his word.
I would say it's got more to do with the fact you have been a customer for 20 years! :wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts