Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like BMW have made their own Africa Twin with the 850GS, same weight, power, wheel sizing etc. I will be keeping my AT though!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HeeHee Maybe. I was doing a job at a guys house a few months back and he had bikes everywhere. all types from every decade with a pack of geese to guard them? We got talking about tubed/tubeless and to cut to the chase he and many associates of his had been hacking around on bikes with tubes on much older and far inferior tyre compounds/technology at high speed for decades. He put the tubed issue to bed for me!

·
Registered
72 Posts
HeeHee Maybe. I was doing a job at a guys house a few months back and he had bikes everywhere. all types from every decade with a pack of geese to guard them? We got talking about tubed/tubeless and to cut to the chase he and many associates of his had been hacking around on bikes with tubes on much older and far inferior tyre compounds/technology at high speed for decades. He put the tubed issue to bed for me!
Does not make tubes as safe as tubeless.As for the GS850,it may have the same power and weight as the AT,but it has less torque.Looks a nice bike though.Interesting that BMW have dropped their unusual third conrod balance system in favour of a more conventional twin balance shaft arrangement.Maybe a consequence of going from a 360 degree crank to a 270?

·
Registered
CRF1000L | Gold Wing DCT
295 Posts
Since the 850GS looks to not have framing around the engine, engine guards may have to be bolted to the engine cases like the 800Tiger.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Looks nice ? Or looks only a mother could love ? :surprise:
Yeh, that is one fugly bike, and I have nothing against BMW!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts