Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the BoosterPlug?
There are a few threads in ADVRider, but nothing conclusive.

I do agree the DCT is quite abrupt off-idle and at low throttle settings. Adjusting the throttle cables helped a bit, but not enough.

The Booster Plug works by manipulating the ambient air temperature input to the CPU, enriching the fuel.
Sounds logical but almost too simple. How well would it work under the extremes I ride in (0 to 35 degC).

FreddieVFR

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have this on my AT, did exactly what it claimed and made the bike that much nicer to ride.
I liked it enough to turn around and get one for my fz07, which really needed something.
Both bikes are mechanically stock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
throttle reponse

I have this on my AT, did exactly what it claimed and made the bike that much nicer to ride.
I liked it enough to turn around and get one for my fz07, which really needed something.
Both bikes are mechanically stock.
I had a booster plug on my GS800. Worked very well as mentioned, it fools the bike brain into providing slightly richer fuel mixture, as it would during a cold start, and without adversly effecting performance or milage. It transformed the on/off throttle action.
However. I ride the non DCT AT, and in my opinion the standard trans provides nice smooth on/off throttle action. Nor have I heard any other throttle complaints from the standard trans guys. (gals)
So a question I have, is the boosterplug going to solve the whisky throttle that might be inherent to the DCT?
Whataya think?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also have a standard gearbox.
The Booster Plug is definitely a worthwhile addition.
I can now trundle smoothly through suburbia in 4th gear.
Couldn't do that before the Booster plug.
Fuel consumption remained unchanged.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I also have a standard transmission. At first I found the throttle response very abrupt by comparison with my other motorcycles. I decided to give it time so that I could adjust. Now with over 10,000 kms on the clock I don't even think about it. Is it possible that there is something adaptive in the ECU ? I may be wrong but I feel that the throttle is now less sensitive and not just about me adapting.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I also have a standard transmission. At first I found the throttle response very abrupt by comparison with my other motorcycles. I decided to give it time so that I could adjust. Now with over 10,000 kms on the clock I don't even think about it. Is it possible that there is something adaptive in the ECU ? I may be wrong but I feel that the throttle is now less sensitive and not just about me adapting.
Sounds really weird. I never heard about such a program or whatever. Nor did I have this impression on my bike... (10.k km up till now)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts