Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am just under 5'11" with about a 31.5" inside leg. I have discovered that by getting the thicker sole on the SIDI Adventure 2 Goretex boot I can now put the seat back in the upper position and still flat foot. It has the added avantage of increasing the distance between the seat height and pegs and has ended up pretty near perfect. I have also put the MRA sports screen on which has turned out to be pretty quiet up to legal speeds. I could do with a bit of adjustability in height to fine tune it but although small the screen has a six point fitting and I think the Batzen is only for four point fitting screens. Hopefully Brudt or another manufacturer will come up with an adjuster. I would be tempted to try a deflector but at £75 - £95 a pop it would be a lot of money if it did not work.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I am just under 5'11" with about a 31.5" inside leg. I have discovered that by getting the thicker sole on the SIDI Adventure 2 Goretex boot I can now put the seat back in the upper position and still flat foot. It has the added avantage of increasing the distance between the seat height and pegs and has ended up pretty near perfect. I have also put the MRA sports screen on which has turned out to be pretty quiet up to legal speeds. I could do with a bit of adjustability in height to fine tune it but although small the screen has a six point fitting and I think the Batzen is only for four point fitting screens. Hopefully Brudt or another manufacturer will come up with an adjuster. I would be tempted to try a deflector but at £75 - £95 a pop it would be a lot of money if it did not work.
**** I've just bought some BMW touring boots. I was able to flat foot with the seat in the high position and I am identically sized to you. But since adjusting the rear preload to where it needs to be 22 turns in rather than factory set 7 turns it's made the seat a bit higher. One advantage though is I can now get it on to the centre stand
Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts