* First thing I notice is how incredible is DCT invention. I remember when I was amazed while on VFR1200 in 2010, but this... ??. Although coming from sports motorcycles it sometimes feels sluggish but there are three sport options S1, S2 and S3. Gave her a good spin today. ??
…and few more things
* I have installed oem HIGH seat which has thicker foam coat. I think it is most likely the same seat which was adopted on original 2019 ATAS. Actually It should be named TOURING seat instead. Feels much more comfortable. While installed in upper position, it gives total 900mm from the ground. I am 6’2” (188cm), both my feet are planted and bike feels easy to move around.
* Rallye Footpegs (especially for those who feel standing up less secure, like me) is a must have accessory. Because footpegs become big and stable platform for prolonged standing. Absolute must have accessory.
* Africa Twin turn around radius is amazing. Never felt like this on any other similar motorcycle. Feels like I could do a U-Turn in a garage without putting a feet down.
* I have tried both versions of Africa Twin, including previous generations. This small basic model is most sporty. And it actually feels less weight and more calibrated from the factory. I will check later on exact clicks on suspension at both ends. I am not sure If the suspension setup clicks are different from Adventure Sports version. But no claims about too soft suspension here.
* To test which version you like better adventure sports or basic, - try pushing it around in the parking lot without engine on. Because sometime you will have to do it in most remote places.
…Some weird things.
* Carplay. Bluetooh headset connection must be on all the time if you use Carplay. Lost connection turns off Carplay. Dont have bluetooth helmet? forget about the Carplay. First I thought this was a joke or bug from the system. Trouble misfortune.
* TFT Screen Disclaimer message. although it takes ages to load, It appears every time you turn the key. If you do not press it if OFF manually it will not go away. Every time have to press the button to agree to “terms and conditions” ?
* This is funny, but also expected at all Honda motorcycles. Turn signal button location is ergonomic nightmare. First time when needed to turn I accidentally pressed Horn signal instead of Turn. I laughed at myself, because 20 years on various Hondas and I still keep mispressing.
VIDEO walkaround here: