Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, first decent ride on my 18 plate ATAS today. Found it a bit bouncy back end, anyone have same issues. Was used to my explorer that was solid in corners and bumps. Is this something I just have to get used too with the AT ?

·
Registered
371 Posts
When I got my new AT I found the compression damping was set too high causing it to be quite rough with sharp blows when hitting bumps. I lowered the damping and it is now fine.

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
When I got my new AT I found the compression damping was set too high causing it to be quite rough with sharp blows when hitting bumps. I lowered the damping and it is now fine.
That is probably very true. Maybe my weight :rolleyes: is such that it makes my current setting just right.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,976 Posts
Well, first decent ride on my 18 plate ATAS today. Found it a bit bouncy back end, anyone have same issues. Was used to my explorer that was solid in corners and bumps. Is this something I just have to get used too with the AT ?
Yea... Just need to dial in your suspension and set the sag too..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never really had to do this before. My other bikes where all fine never had to touch the set up. Will just have to play with set up till it suits me. Thanks Lads

1 - 7 of 7 Posts