Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am going remove the brake discs from the original wheels and fit them to a pair of Alpina wheels tomorrow.

Can someone confirm the torque wrench settings for the bolts that mount the discs to the wheel hubs please.

Front:

Rear:

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was quoted 42Nm by my dealer but I have a manual coming to confirm before I fit my wheels.

What colour combo did you go for? Mine are Gold rims and hubs with black spokes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
42 NM rear and 20 NM front wheel. But Manual indicates ALOC Bolt replace with new ones.
Thanks for info, discs fitted and just waiting for JT Tyres http://www.jttyres.co.uk/ to swap my Conti TA2 over to the Alpina's.

What colour combo did you go for? Mine are Gold rims and hubs with black spokes.
Gold rims, red nipples, black spokes, red hubs.

My AT is black, I would like to add a little more (Honda) red to the bike.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Please post photos when you get them on... sounds really cool.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yes please post pics
I am considering a second set of wheels so I can have both good street rubber, and some TKC 80s mounted.
I too have the black AT

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please post photos when you get them on... sounds really cool.
Just a few photo's of the Alpina's fit to my black AT.

I now need to add a little more red somewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rode about 150 miles round trip yesterday to Fowlers of Bristol with a few mates. This was the first ride on the Alpinas which are fitted with my Conti TA2's from the OEM wheels.

The ride was fine, the wheels and brakes where fine and without that nagging worry of a puncture I'd recommend this conversion. Since the tyres were fitted on five days ago there appears no loss in pressure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts