Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys ,

i just had The dealer flush my brakes and after getting home and checking the fluid color (should have done this at the dealer) I notice that it’s actually quite gold in color which I thought means it’s old (brake fluid for cars turns darker yellow as it ages.)

is this Normal? Or should I assume the dealer didn’t actually do what they say they did and change the fluid.?

Picture below
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle

Also how hard is bleeding them myself if I’m used to bleeding my cars breaks with pressure bleeder regularly?

·
Registered
476 Posts
You know which brand of fluid was used? Nowadays few are already a bit darker from new. Flush the system it´s pretty easy , if you know how to do it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would call the Dealer and ask what Brake Fluid they used. If it is the same colour that you see in the sight glass, and meets the DOT 4 (or above) requirement specified in the workshop manual, I would be happy with the colour pictured.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know which brand of fluid was used? Nowadays few are already a bit darker from new. Flush the system it´s pretty easy , if you know how to do it.
Oem Honda dot 4 but I asked the dealer and they also confirmed that it does come out a very gold color and that all I really supposed to look for is whether or not it looks opaque versus translucent.

I plan to flush my brakes myself the next time so I’m gonna look for a power bleeder that would work

Also I had no idea people run RBF 600 in bikes, I use that for my track car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would call the Dealer and ask what Brake Fluid they used. If it is the same colour that you see in the sight glass, and meets the DOT 4 (or above) requirement specified in the workshop manual, I would be happy with the colour pictured.
That’s exactly what I did I ended up asking them why it looks so yellow and they actually showed me a couple of other bikes running the same fluid that is gold/yellow and apparently they said that the newer Honda OEM fluid is gold.

The easiest way to fact check this would just be buy a bottle of fluid and look at the new fluid but I do agree that even though my fluid is gold it still looks nice and clear as though it’s brand new fluid rather than looking murky and opaque

thanks for the quick response

1 - 6 of 6 Posts