Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a brake light flasher unit they have had good luck with.
Delaware allows the brake light to flash a max of 5 times then solid, not sure what the U.S. DOT allows.
Revzilla and Amazon have the "Signal Dynamics Back off XP". does 3 flash then solid which will work.

TIA
Bluto

·
Registered
361 Posts
I installed the Backoff, which works fine. I left it set to the default flash-solid-flash mode, but I'm in CA.

I also installed an Admore light bar under the license plate holder, which includes various blinking elements as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brake light flasher

Not used one and don't know of anyone who has ( as far as I am aware they are an MOT test fail in the UK ), but Healtech Electronics make a unit called the "Brake Light Pro" which maybe something for you to check out.
I saw the "Brake light Pro" looking at the "diagnostic tool" thread so I posted for an endorsement from the forum for a flasher that someone else has had luck with.

The local refuse trucks have the brake light flashers and they do a great job of waking up the driver following. Yea no kidding, what an endorsement.

I installed the Backoff, which works fine. I left it set to the default flash-solid-flash mode, but I'm in CA.

I also installed an Admore light bar under the license plate holder, which includes various blinking elements as well.
Thanks, "works fine" meaning you haven't been rear ended yet. Being seen is what I am looking for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a TIR-6 from Strobes R Us. It has multiple flashing options, and is as bright as anything on a cop car, or fire truck. Nobody misses me...even from a mile away. I get numerous compliments almost every time I ride at night. Mostly at stop lights, and they're screaming "WOW that brake light is bright!" Works for me!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Vizi-tech makes a good unit totally adjustable for flash rate frequency et-al. A little pricy but you get what you pay for

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
This is a Denali B6 Auxiliary LED License Plate Brake light mounted underneath the licence plate.

I used the above mentioned GS-100A Flash Strobe Controller (bought off Ebay for pennies) and wired it inline with the Denali light only. I wanted to keep the CRF brakelight standard

https://youtu.be/xp9N-yM_CHs

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought a TIR-6 from Strobes R Us. It has multiple flashing options, and is as bright as anything on a cop car, or fire truck. Nobody misses me...even from a mile away. I get numerous compliments almost every time I ride at night. Mostly at stop lights, and they're screaming "WOW that brake light is bright!" Works for me!
Question for you. Can this be set to flash for a preset number or flashes and then go hard or off?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts